Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
51P-OVFu7AL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002T9H2L0/?tag=hidefnin-20

RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 15th 2009

Although Quentin Tarantino has cherished Enzo G. Castellari's 1978 "macaroni" war flick The Inglorious Bastards for most of his film-geek life, his own Inglourious Basterds is no remake. Instead, as hinted by the Tarantino-esque misspelling, this is a lunatic fantasia of WWII, a brazen re-imagining of both history and the behind-enemy-lines war film subgenre. There's a Dirty Not-Quite-Dozen of mostly Jewish commandos, led by a Tennessee good ol' boy named Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) who reckons each warrior owes him one hundred Nazi scalps--and he means that literally. Even as Raine's band strikes terror into the Nazi occupiers of France, a diabolically smart and self-assured German officer named Landa (Christoph Waltz) is busy validating his own legend as "The Jew Hunter." Along the way, he wipes out the rural family of a grave young girl (Melanie Laurent) who will reappear years later in Paris, dreaming of vengeance on an epic scale.

Now, this isn't one more big-screen comic book. As the masterly opening sequence reaffirms, Tarantino is a true filmmaker, with a deep respect for the integrity of screen space and the tension that can accumulate in contemplating two men seated at a table having a polite conversation. IB reunites QT with cinematographer Robert Richardson (who shot Kill Bill), and the colors and textures they serve up can be riveting, from the eerie red-hot glow of a tabletop in Adolf Hitler's den, to the creamy swirl of a Parisian pastry in which Landa parks his cigarette. The action has been divided, Pulp Fiction-like, into five chapters, each featuring at least one spellbinding set-piece. It's testimony to the integrity we mentioned that Tarantino can lock in the ferocious suspense of a scene for minutes on end, then explode the situation almost faster than the eye and ear can register, and then take the rest of the sequence to a new, wholly unanticipated level within seconds.

Again, be warned: This is not your "Greatest Generation," Saving Private Ryan WWII. The sadism of Raine and his boys can be as unsavory as the Nazi variety; Tarantino's latest cinematic protégé, Eli (director of Hostel) Roth, is aptly cast as a self-styled "golem" fond of pulping Nazis with a baseball bat. But get past that, and the sometimes disconcerting shifts to another location and another set of characters, and the movie should gather you up like a growing floodtide. Tarantino told the Cannes Film Festival audience that he wanted to show "Adolf Hitler defeated by cinema." Cinema wins. --Richard T. Jameson

If you have any questions about this release feel free to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability.
(I have this title in hand.)

Is the movie good?

Lol, haven't you seen it ? Thought you said you did? ... And yes, its really good, 2.5 hours long. Although I kinda wish it had a better ending cause the early character development in the movie is outstanding.

Lol, haven't you seen it ? Thought you said you did? ... And yes, its really good, 2.5 hours long. Although I kinda wish it had a better ending cause the early character development in the movie is outstanding.

Yeah I did, although I wasn't all over it. It was decent.

2.5 hours to be let down at the end?

Freaking hate that, but I will still probably watch it some bored saturday night... damn you QT.

Yeah its not a let down and the ending wasnt bad ... I just wanted to see more haha cause for so long it told some stories that really kicked ass and I wanted to see more on that.

This thing is loaded with extras! I think (its hard to hear) that QT and Pitt had 2 Bongs? while discussing the movie haha ... he said they were loaded then started making taking shots expresssion and then said and 2 bongs or 2 something ... sounded like bongs so dont know if that meant bong shots or what .... heh ... funny though if so.

Inglourious Basterds Blu-ray Review

The opening credits roll and the music score picks up, and right from the jump its vintage Tarantino. I can’t help but notice the similar tone in the music scores of that in The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly. Unsurprisingly so since that is one of Quentin’s favorite movies of all time. [...]

Click Here For More...

Here is one .... review link has more. (and alot bigger)

Attachments

• IB.jpg
    IB.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 201
Hi Wreck,

I have been intending to send you a pm about IB for some time now.
I stumbled upon this thread and thought might as well post here..

..Can you list every single IB release on steelbook?

I know you have them all so it shouldn't be too hard :hilarious:
I myself have 4 encounting :D

I have both French editions, One German and the embossed is on the way, I also have the Canadian debossed [x2] which my aunt has in safe keeping. Missing only the Future Shop version I think :ohno:

I have both French editions, One German and the embossed is on the way, I also have the Canadian debossed [x2] which my aunt has in safe keeping. Missing only the Future Shop version I think :ohno:

Here's some of my stuff :D

picture.php

Oh, and some more for good measure...

picture.php

Last edited:
Reactions: RiX
That's great but doesn't answer my question :hilarious:
Very nice collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm after every single tarantino movie on steelbook.
I have 2 x German (Embossed and non Embossed)
2 x France (FNAC and Horizontal 'collectors' edition')
Canadian Debossed, and I think i'm missing only the FS one?? <<<<:wtf:
:D

That's great but doesn't answer my question :hilarious:
Very nice collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm after every single tarantino movie on steelbook.
I have 2 x German (Embossed and non Embossed)
2 x France (FNAC and Horizontal 'collectors' edition')
Canadian Debossed, and I think i'm missing only the FS one?? <<<<:wtf:
:D

There is also the standard France version, same as FNAC without the booklet if you want to be a completist!:) Just the AU steelcase after that. As far as I know that's it although Wreck will be able to confirm it!:D