The Punisher (1989) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

denizen

The Shadow Ninja
Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
South Africa
Purchase Link (Scheduled to be live Sat, 11/29)
Price: £15.99
Release Date: 26 February 2015
Notes: Limited to 3000 Copies

punisher.jpg

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the artwork. Would have preferred some of the classic artwork though with the original Punisher logo from the 89 film. Still i own the German Mediabook too & its awesome.if i get this it will be solely for the steel.

As for the price, it will most certainly drop closer to release date.

I really don't like that artwork.

It's like Guardians of the Galaxy, which uses the wrong Walkman, this has the wrong skull and the wrong font. If it didn't have Dolph's name at the top, you'd think it was for the Tom Jane version. Would it have been so hard to just use the VHS cover with Dolph and the bike? Embossed title as an added bonus. I don't get the need to try and modernise old movies unless it really is to fool someone into buying it by mistake.

£10 i might be tempted, but £20, zavvi you are seriously trying to rip of your customers,
and its not even the unrated cut, once again theses companies try to shaft the people
that pay for there bread and butter,,

Is this the final artwork because I thought it had dolph on the front as I had seen a pic somewhere...

Like the artwork.

Never seen the film and general consensus (reading reviews from pros and punters alike) is that it is bloody awful.

Think that's likely a pass.
Loved it when I was a kid, watched it about a year ago, and yes, it is bloody awful! Some really bad acting in there!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: JackRegan