The Punisher (1989) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

denizen

The Shadow Ninja
Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
South Africa
Purchase Link (Scheduled to be live Sat, 11/29)
Price: £15.99
Release Date: 26 February 2015
Notes: Limited to 3000 Copies

punisher.jpg

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How much is cut @navydavey ?

Not much but I'm very much for uncut versions of movies and try where possible to obtain them (depending on the cut content), the link below has info regarding the R-rated cut differences (which is the UK version too):

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4918

The German mediabook is the one to go for as it has the Uncut version as well as the workprint version, shame the steelbook is so nice though!

There are only minor differences but I'm very picky when it comes to cuts :D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: ricster
Not much but I'm very much for uncut versions of movies and try where possible to obtain them, the link below has info regarding the R-rated cut differences (which is the UK version too):

The German mediabook is the one to go for as it has the Uncut version as well as the workprint version, shame the steelbook is so nice though!

Looks like i'll be double dipping then :)

Thanks

Not much but I'm very much for uncut versions of movies and try where possible to obtain them (depending on the cut content), the link below has info regarding the R-rated cut differences (which is the UK version too):

There are only minor differences but I'm very picky when it comes to cuts :D
How does the Workprint look in that one. I have a Dutch version and it's virtually unwatchable.

I wouldn't say it's the best steelbook I own.

The back would have been better as the front, and I still don't like the use of the Tom Jane skull logo. Everything just seems a bit washed out, with the blue colour tint too.

Still, it's another Marvel title off the list.

How does the Workprint look in that one. I have a Dutch version and it's virtually unwatchable.

Unfortunately I have still yet to get the mediabook but I hear it has been cleaned up, still won't look great though I wouldn't think.
I have the workprint on the German DVD I bought years back and its difficult to watch as the quality is poor, but still an interesting view.

Its DVD but taken from Goldblatts master tape so its not BD quality. It includes the full opening scene thats missing from the other versions.

Got my copy today and am very pleased with it, looks great.
Can't believe its a 15, this was the first 18 cert film I saw, find it odd how films can be re classified.

Got my copy today and am very pleased with it, looks great.
Can't believe its a 15, this was the first 18 cert film I saw, find it odd how films can be re classified.

Times and sensibilities change. The Punisher doesn't need an 18 when compared to Saw, even as a 15 it's hardly Kick-Ass.

Other 18's that dropped to 15 (off the top of my head) include The Terminator, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 The Dream Master, Psycho III, Damien: Omen II and Friday the 13th Part VI Jason Lives.

Reactions: Danzigg1979
Lovely steelbook but it is a shame as I for got this film is a pile of steaming ..........., but that's just my opinion.

It hurts to get rid of this nice looking steelbook from my collection but it makes space for a more worthy film on my steelbook shelf.