The Shape of Water (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #102) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: June 27, 2018
Purchase links: Blu-ray - 4K - FAC (Pre-order June 11)
Price: 599 CZK (Blu-ray) - 999 CZK (4K) - 1099 CZK (FAC)

31056847_1808103375973297_1004187594600218624_o.jpg

film_24108_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:vomit: I can imagine how bad this will look with zero finish :smashed:. I´m definitely waiting for some WEA, can imagine Manta or TheBlu can take care of it maybe?

I am definitely getting the FAC for sure as it is only normal to expect a nice slip from FA :D

Manta WEA is in the works too which I will be getting as well.

Thanks for the explanation. May the 4th be with you too

Let's get some facts right before you start to get ahead of yourself because you could not grab a copy I'm assuming.

In order to hold a SCH that guarantees ANY copy you have to be committed to buying every single edition released. Yes, that's every single one, maniacs, the single editions, ALL of them. Yes sometimes you miss the odd one or two, whether you forget to pre-order, you were not available for the 3 day window, you didn't have the funds, or you simply didn't like the movie. Thats fine, FA will allow the odd few hiccups here and there, it happens. But if you continue to do that you will lose that assigned SCH, and your number will rise higher and higher until the point your number means nothing.

If you are a buyer that wants to 'pick and choose' here and there you will get a SCH that is very high, probably between 1500 - 2000. That means you will not be guaranteed for any release unless the actual print run for that edition is between 1500 - 2000 which is very unlikely given how their run's have been.

So the 'VIP' status you are referring it's not something that you can just be eligible by showing photo's of how many FA's are in your collection. They want to see your commitment on a long term basis. If you don't commit to that then the number will be gone to the next person on the waiting list. If they see you are regular, committed, loyal member your SCH will go lower.

So if you want to be 'the chosen one' decide if you really want to commit on a regular long term basis. May The Force Be With You :p

just too busy at work this week, been hoping to catch any GBs at the time of start and get lucky. despite this being one that i really wanted, managed to miss this by over a day. :facepalm: :( help me, Manta Lab, you're my only hope.

essentially, my approach to steelbook collecting this week appears to have deteriorated from 'nothing but net' to this:
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Bungral
Only 501 print run. Bugger. Guess there will be a ‘run on the bank’ with this one. Standard Blu Ray only for me. My screen is just too small (55inch) to mean anything noticeable to the eye, and even though it’s UHD/3D capable, being a 3D adopter, I really have no interest in 4K.

But this is definitely a FAC pre-order I’m going to have a shot at securing. Gorgeous package.

Only 501 print run. Bugger. Guess there will be a ‘run on the bank’ with this one. Standard Blu Ray only for me. My screen is just too small (55inch) to mean anything noticeable to the eye, and even though it’s UHD/3D capable, being a 3D adopter, I really have no interest in 4K.

But this is definitely a FAC pre-order I’m going to have a shot at securing. Gorgeous package.
Does your TV have HDR? If it does 4K would be a bigger jump than you think. I find it’s the HDR that makes the difference rather than the extra resolution.

Does your TV have HDR? If it does 4K would be a bigger jump than you think. I find it’s the HDR that makes the difference rather than the extra resolution.
Yep. HDR and WCG are the real evolution. (Resolution upgrade is, of course, great. But it is the depth given to blacks and shadows, and the explosion of Billions of colors in the palette that really makes everything amazing. Plus - the biggest thing for me is the increased LUMINENCE of the palette. HDR is amazing- in all its iterations (meaning HDR10 & DolbyVision- I have yet to see Technicolor, HDR10+ or HLG)).

Last edited:
Looks fantastic the beauty shot

I'm unhappy I missed out on getting this in the GB

I only saw the email at 19.00 a few weeks ago when I started my shift at work as I was on the bus before this and was sold out by the time I saw the email alert

I suppose HMV standard steelbook will have to do for now it will be interesting to see what Manta Labs come up with

Be interesting to see if there’s any copies left for preorder on June 11. Guess I may have to pay some ridiculous $$$ for this off someone on the Bay. I do want this, mainly because the slip design is pure class.

• Thanks
Reactions: Marc Dooley
The past few years we got some nice WWA Steelbooks popping out here and there,
but I am really disappointed with what we got so far this year.
It seems that there is lack of care for Chosen Artworks and Finishes :wow:
Too many drawing Art it seems (n):dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
The past few years we got some nice WWA Steelbooks popping out here and there,
but I am really disappointed with what we got so far this year.
It seems that there is lack of care for Chosen Artworks and Finishes :wow:
Too many drawing Art it seems (n):dunno:
i tend to agree with your comment, not and never a fan of illustration / comic book art steelbooks but if it's done beautifully like this one, i can make an exception... besides i love the film...