The Shape of Water (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #102) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: June 27, 2018
Purchase links: Blu-ray - 4K - FAC (Pre-order June 11)
Price: 599 CZK (Blu-ray) - 999 CZK (4K) - 1099 CZK (FAC)

31056847_1808103375973297_1004187594600218624_o.jpg

film_24108_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot in the GB though are the ones with a collectible number
I got my collectible number from using the GB
I never have used Film Arena Website to order anything
The GB allocation has dropped a lot and lot of us with a collectible number are now missing out on some of these releases

The numbers from the Group Buy never belonged to any members.

Those numbered copies were assigned to Karel by filmarena for the Group Buy and Karel decided ''at his discretion'' to whom he would pass on the Group Buy copies.

Only the still collectible numbers assigned by fa from their website are part of the reward program which guarantees you a copy for each release.
(if your allocated number by fa falls within the print run)

Don’t buy these editions let the company fail let them have left others they can not sell let them loose contracts that’s the way you hit them hard to get them to listen

You're spamming too much, but i totally agree.

I'm really happy to be less addicted to all this steelbook game nowadays. Now I'm much more zen with the price drops, with the lost preorders and with all those tricks companies make.

This movie looked ok to me, this release looked pretty cool to me, the standard italian steelbook will look wonderful to me.

Oh well i was totally unaware of this "VIP customers" thing... that's some kind of sect so, with all the same people buying the whole batch of steelbooks, screaming in a collective hug and offering some holy goat to ebay

I totally agree with you that is totally stupid and unfair that constantly first 500 customers have right to purchase the stuff. Without GB there will be no chance to purchase anything from them unless someone from "the chosen ones" cancels.
Maybe it currently works good but I doubt it is good on a long run.

Let's get some facts right before you start to get ahead of yourself because you could not grab a copy I'm assuming.

In order to hold a SCH that guarantees ANY copy you have to be committed to buying every single edition released. Yes, that's every single one, maniacs, the single editions, ALL of them. Yes sometimes you miss the odd one or two, whether you forget to pre-order, you were not available for the 3 day window, you didn't have the funds, or you simply didn't like the movie. Thats fine, FA will allow the odd few hiccups here and there, it happens. But if you continue to do that you will lose that assigned SCH, and your number will rise higher and higher until the point your number means nothing.

If you are a buyer that wants to 'pick and choose' here and there you will get a SCH that is very high, probably between 1500 - 2000. That means you will not be guaranteed for any release unless the actual print run for that edition is between 1500 - 2000 which is very unlikely given how their run's have been.

So the 'VIP' status you are referring it's not something that you can just be eligible by showing photo's of how many FA's are in your collection. They want to see your commitment on a long term basis. If you don't commit to that then the number will be gone to the next person on the waiting list. If they see you are regular, committed, loyal member your SCH will go lower.

So if you want to be 'the chosen one' decide if you really want to commit on a regular long term basis. May The Force Be With You :p

Let's get some facts right before you start to get ahead of yourself because you could not grab a copy I'm assuming.

In order to hold a SCH that guarantees ANY copy you have to be committed to buying every single edition released. Yes, that's every single one, maniacs, the single editions, ALL of them. Yes sometimes you miss the odd one or two, whether you forget to pre-order, you were not available for the 3 day window, you didn't have the funds, or you simply didn't like the movie. Thats fine, FA will allow the odd few hiccups here and there, it happens. But if you continue to do that you will lose that assigned SCH, and your number will rise higher and higher until the point your number means nothing.

If you are a buyer that wants to 'pick and choose' here and there you will get a SCH that is very high, probably between 1500 - 2000. That means you will not be guaranteed for any release unless the actual print run for that edition is between 1500 - 2000 which is very unlikely given how their run's have been.

So the 'VIP' status you are referring it's not something that you can just be eligible by showing photo's of how many FA's are in your collection. They want to see your commitment on a long term basis. If you don't commit to that then the number will be gone to the next person on the waiting list. If they see you are regular, committed, loyal member your SCH will go lower.

So if you want to be 'the chosen one' decide if you really want to commit on a regular long term basis. May The Force Be With You :p

Thanks for the whole explaination mate, but i still think this behaviour is too sectarian and completely unfair for every casual customer who jumps on their site.

I’ve never liked all of those big spenders bragging about the last ultralimited exclusive (sealed forever) release they got because of a pact with the devil, so I’ll keep my soul and euros and go away in peace.

cheers

Thanks for the whole explaination mate, but i still think this behaviour is too sectarian and completely unfair for every casual customer who jumps on their site.

I’ve never liked all of those big spenders bragging about the last ultralimited exclusive (sealed forever) release they got because of a pact with the devil, so I’ll keep my soul and euros and go away in peace.

cheers

When you’re new you have to start from the bottom somewhere so priority will always be given to the long term loyal members/big spenders.

It’s the same as a being a new trader. If you’ve read the policy for the trading forum from Staff Apsmith21, new members have to ‘prove’ their feedback. So for example new members can be asked to ship their item first during a sale and trade. And here FA will want to see your commitment before they give the low Still Collecible Holder number.

But not everyone wants to be that committed in buying loads of FA release. So the only option is through the GB or click ‘I want to buy it now’ to take your chances. Failing that you got the public release date of the left over copies, in which IMO for this release, most probably will not be up for sale or instantly sold out.

FA have a huge fan base so priority understandably will always be given to those committed returning loyal members. Money is King these days. Those with bigger wallets will always get priority. FA are a business and their to make money. It is what it is.

I know your frustration buddy. I’ve been in your position before. That’s why I always use the term ‘Happy Hunting’. Good luck!

Congrats to all the peeps who were lucky enough to secure a copy :thumbs:. The odds were stacked against me tried to go for it but as I’m from Australia it
went live at 3:50am but only just missed out as I woke up at the spare of the moment in panic around 4:20am :notworthy:. Owell lucky there’s always Manta to lean back on which I assume will be a lot easier to lock in a copy ;)

I'm from Australia, too, and committed to the long haul of staying up until 3pm the next day (as I assumed "tomorrow" meant EST and not AEST), wishing and hoping that I didn't have to. I even set a loud blaring alarm for my email notifications just in case I fell asleep. I'm lucky the GB didn't go live some time in the afternoon because I honestly don't think I could have made it. Stocked I got a copy!

I'm from Australia, too, and committed to the long haul of staying up until 3pm the next day (as I assumed "tomorrow" meant EST and not AEST), wishing and hoping that I didn't have to. I even set a loud blaring alarm for my email notifications just in case I fell asleep. I'm lucky the GB didn't go live some time in the afternoon because I honestly don't think I could have made it. Stocked I got a copy!

Well done that’s a stellar effort there mate :thumbs: did better than me as I crashed around 2am since I had to get up at 6am for work - 4hrs sleep is my absolute limit. Yeah you’ve gotta watch these timezones they creep up on ya while ya sleep but oh so worth it if you can land a copy. I’m not to fazed that I missed it as my attention is now all on Manta’s release later on the year, hopefully. Got my fingers crossed they can get a WEA Steelbook and one up the WWA steelbook that comes with this release but that is a tall ask as this is a real beauty :drool:.

Are you going to pay the 400czk? upcharge for the 4K disc aswell?