Note: No inside art
Purchase here

Pics courtesy of Chipvideo!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

**NOTE - PICTURE BELOW SHOWS CUSTOM INSIDE ART (Pic Thanks to Natombi!) ACTUAL RELEASE IS BLANK ON INSIDE!!

attachment.php

TheThing Front.jpg
TheThing Front Unwrapped.jpg
TheThing Back.jpg
TheThing Spread.jpg
TheThing Horizontal.jpg
The Thing Custom Art.jpg

Hmmm...could be one of those tin things like they did for 'The Matrix', etc. Either way, heard the movie was horrible, and I love the original. Pass for consideration, until I rent, LOL...

Hmmm...could be one of those tin things like they did for 'The Matrix', etc. Either way, heard the movie was horrible, and I love the original. Pass for consideration, until I rent, LOL...

I loved the original and I dug this one.
But hey thats just me.

I loved the original and I dug this one.
But hey thats just me.

Yes!!! The original is a classic so it's not fair to compare the two. Of course you'll instinctively go in with that, but if you just have some fun it's not that bad of a movie. I just wish they would've stuck with the practical effects and less CGI.

I'll probably get this one.

Yes!!! The original is a classic so it's not fair to compare the two. Of course you'll instinctively go in with that, but if you just have some fun it's not that bad of a movie. I just wish they would've stuck with the practical effects and less CGI.

I'll probably get this one.

surprisingly though, there were alot more practical effects than most movies would have gone with. I agree though that the cgi was used more than it should have been. I feel CGI is too overused and the industry relies on it too much. The time and care that go into practical effects is unrivaled by CGI.
My friend worked on this film in the practical effects dept. And I saw a ton of production shots of the Thing itself. I think the original intent was to keep it more practical than CGI but I guess in post they decided to change that a bit.
Regardless though the movie was entertaining and flows directly into Carpenters masterpiece. Although I probably won't get this SB (b/c the original doesnt have one) I will be getting this film.

This film is just awful. No tension whatsoever and if you have seen the trailer you already know who gets infected. Not a patch on John Carpenters film.

the original was a true sci fi/horror classic. a steelbook release of the two movies together would be great!!:D:D
maybe a re-release of the original in a steelbook will emerge next year to sit nicely next to this release!!:D:D

Is this actually confirmed as a steelbook yet? On the amazon.fr listing it doesn't say 'boitier metal' and I can't find a listing for another version on Blu Ray, which makes me think that the one listed is amaray?