Waxwork Records The Thing - OST by Ennio Morricone (colored vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: February 13, 2017
Purchase: Waxwork
Price: $32 (Standard "Snow" Edition) - $70 (Deluxe "Ice" Edition)

Notes: 1LP, Standard "Snow" Edition 180 gr “true white” colored Vinyl, Deluxe “Trapped In The Ice” Edition 180 gr "Deep Blue with White Haze" colored vinyl, both come in a Satin Coated Old-Style Gatefold Jacket with UV Spot-Gloss and includes a 11” x 22” Poster, exclusive to the Deluxe Edition is the heavyweight, Hand-Assembled, High-Gloss, Break-Away “Ice” Slipcase and a Booklet Featuring Exclusive Interview with Director John Carpenter, Artwork by Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative

theThing_Cacked_Ice.jpg
The_thing_white_web.jpg

The_Thing_White_Package_web.jpg

the_thing_white_LP_web.jpg

The_Thing_Blue_LP_web.jpg

the_thing_blue_web.jpg

thething_cover_web.jpg

The_Thing_Cracked_Ice_on_back.jpg

THETHING_INSERT.jpg

thething_back_cover_web.jpg

Waxwork Records is thrilled to present the deluxe soundtrack re-issue to 1982’s sci-fi horror classic, JOHN CARPENTER’S THE THING. Composed by the legendary Ennio Morricone, the soundtrack to THE THING is a landmark musical composition that is cold, dark, minimal, and effective.

Considered to be John Carpenter’s directorial masterpiece, THE THING is praised as one of the greatest films of it’s genre by both fans and critics. Starring Kurt Russell and A. Wilford Brimley, THE THING follows a team of researchers in Antarctica as they are infiltrated by a parasitic extraterrestrial life form that assimilates other organisms and then imitates them. The classic soundtrack composed by Ennio Morricone effectively captures the cold, isolated tone of the story and film, and marks one of the few John Carpenter directed films that Carpenter did not score himself.

Waxwork Records worked for two years to ensure that such a highly anticipated and sought after vinyl soundtrack re-issue would meet and exceed expectations of the biggest fan of John Carpenter and his sci-fi / horror tour de force that is THE THING.

Features include the complete Ennio Morricone soundtrack re-mastered from the original master tapes, your choice of two different 180 gram colored vinyl variants, all new artwork by Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative, deluxe heavyweight packaging including satin coated old-style gatefold jackets with UV spot-gloss varnish, an 11” x 22” poster, a custom hand assembled breakaway “ice” slipcase with 100% overall UV gloss coating, and an exclusive interview with director John Carpenter.

Deluxe “Trapped In The Ice” Edition
  • Heavyweight, Hand-Assembled, High-Gloss, Break-Away “Ice” Slipcase
  • 180 Gram “Ice” Vinyl (Deep Blue with White Haze)
  • Satin Coated Old-Style Gatefold Jacket with UV Spot-Gloss
  • 11” x 22” Poster
  • New Artwork By Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative
  • Booklet Featuring Exclusive Interview with Director John Carpenter
Standard “Snow” Edition
  • 180 Gram “Snow” Vinyl (True White)
  • Satin Coated Old-Style Gatefold Jacket with UV Spot-Gloss
  • 11” x 22” Poster
  • New Artwork By Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative

Tracklist:

Side A

1. Humanity (Part 1)
  2. Shape
  3. Contamination
  4. Bestiality
  5. Solitude
  6. Eternity

SIDE B

1. Wait
  2. Humanity (Part 2)
  3. Sterilization
  4. Despair

Last edited:
Last edited:
It says release date 24th on the Zavvi site so I assume that's when it'll be available. It's usually only steelbooks that Zavvi do a a pre-order.

Nah they've had a few vinyl like that to say sold out before it goes up just like steels, but not many

I reakon tomorrow possibly

Was going to pass on this but if that's a true price from Zavvi might order that's a big difference what's their Vinyl packaging like?

Yeah mate a massive difference, they were the same with twin peaks and a few others. I got the planet earth for like £10 and then the bumped the price up massively

I've had about 7 vinyls from them and only one was in a bad way, Luke cage - but luckily for me I thought it was the yellow vinyl and turned out to be black so was a good excuse to send back but annoying still if that was something else

That was also the only one they sent in a giant Jiffy bag, which I found odd considering its mondo and was still expensive. The others were the way HMV and others send them, hard vinyl boxes

Last edited:
Nah they've had a few vinyl like that to say sold out before it goes up just like steels, but not many

I reakon tomorrow possibly

Yeah mate a massive difference, they were the same with twin peaks and a few others. I got the plante earth for like £10 and then the bumped the price up massively

I've had about 7 vinyls from them and only one was in a bad way, Luke cage - but luckily for me I thought it was the yellow vinyl and turned out to be black so was a good excuse to send back but annoying still if that was something else
@Flloydo thanks for the info I would love that Deluxe Edition from Waxwork but can't justify spending that much on one Vinyl :stop:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I've asked about the live time so will update here as soon as I hear anything.

As long as no one mentions the price to them on Twitter, they'll f*cking change that if someone goes "£30, What a bargain" lol

I know exactly what they are like

Also they sometimes do this and then bump them up a £10er

They did it with both twin peaks (I ordered the second one a few weeks back for £30 and they have already bumped it up to £40) they have done that a few times. It's like they allow a certain amount of orders cheaper and then raise it lol

Also just noticed they are selling the 10 cloverfield lane vinyl for £30 but the black one

Damn, would of bought that if it was the red and silver tape version

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Today Waxwork answered on my question regarding the shipping cost and weight. After a "copy past" message by them I told them they should get the DHL deal Mondo did in 2015. They told me then:

"the Deluxe version is 3lbs and some ounces "almost 4lbs" We work with DHL for large orders but the cost for customers is much higher to ship DHL than USPS if it under a certain weight. For this purchase USPS is currently the cheapest shipping option."

I'm still thinking about cancelling the Deluxe. Not the 70$ for the Deluxe puts me off, I feel robbed on the 49$ shipping charge. I've paid 60$ for a 7,5 pounds package from the US to me to Germany just some weeks ago. Now I need to pay 50$ for a 3,5 pounds package? And even from a company where shipping should be discounted for bulk. That stinks.

As long as no one mentions the price to them on Twitter, they'll f*cking change that if someone goes "£30, What a bargain" lol

I know exactly what they are like

Also they sometimes do this and then bump them up a £10er

They did it with both twin peaks (I ordered the second one a few weeks back for £30 and they have already bumped it up to £40) they have done that a few times. It's like they allow a certain amount of orders cheaper and then raise it lol
Haha hmm... doubt they'd act on it straight away even if anyone did point out the price, as it often takes them a while to amend anything - example; I ordered a jumper from them last week which got cancelled as I was told it was sold out and would shortly be removed from their site, yet it's still on there even now. :rolleyes:

But just to be safe... let's all send them a tweet telling them that it's overpriced. :p

Reactions: Travis Bickle
Haha hmm... doubt they'd act on it straight away even if anyone did point out the price, as it often takes them a while to amend anything - example; I ordered a jumper from them last week which got cancelled as I was told it was sold out and would shortly be removed from their site, yet it's still on there even now. :rolleyes:

But just to be safe... let's all send them a tweet telling them that it's overpriced. :p

Oh they did that to me too with Nikita ages ago

Telling me it's a mistake and it needs to be taken down but stayed in stock for ages lol

It was the glitch when it was 3 for £12 and some got away with it (big orders too) and instead of telling me truth to me and actually say we cancelled because we made a mistake they lied and told me it's because it wasn't in stock lol tw*ts

Oh they did that to me too with Nikita ages ago

Telling me it's a mistake and it needs to be taken down but stayed in stock for ages lol

It was the glitch when it was 3 for £12 and some got away with it (big orders too) and instead of telling me truth to me and actually say we cancelled because we made a mistake they lied and told me it's because it wasn't in stock lol tw*ts
I think I remember you telling me about that before... disgusting but typical behaviour from them!

@Flloydo @Noodles didn't mention a price just asked when on sale ;) may be a case of them only having 2 or 3 copies available as you have to wonder how they can do it for that price compared to everyone else (n)
Mondo's and Waxwork's regular black versions do occasionally turn up for sale on other sites as a full run, so I'm assuming that'll be the case here too... although Zavvi currently describe it as being the Snow edition, which will be awesome if true!

Today Waxwork answered on my question regarding the shipping cost and weight. After a "copy past" message by them I told them they should get the DHL deal Mondo did in 2015. They told me then:

"the Deluxe version is 3lbs and some ounces "almost 4lbs" We work with DHL for large orders but the cost for customers is much higher to ship DHL than USPS if it under a certain weight. For this purchase USPS is currently the cheapest shipping option."

I'm still thinking about cancelling the Deluxe. Not the 70$ for the Deluxe puts me off, I feel robbed on the 49$ shipping charge. I've paid 60$ for a 7,5 pounds package from the US to me to Germany just some weeks ago. Now I need to pay 50$ for a 3,5 pounds package? And even from a company where shipping should be discounted for bulk. That stinks.
Good on you Dan it's a tough one I would love that Deluxe but for that price would be worried about it arriving all the way from the states in mint condition especially if a heavy package will be interesting to see how they package it.
I'm waiting for
'The Exorcist' :thumbs:

I'm still waiting for my copy of The Birds Steelbook from Zavvi to be dispatched after two weeks even though it's still up on the site for sale at 3 quid more than I paid for.