UK
Release date: September 3rd, 2015
Price: €27.99
Purchase links:
Amazon.de
Notes: Includes 1976 and 2014 versions.

81Vi8aFnHkL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruined, for me, by the German title. I know it's a German release for the German market but how did "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" become "Warte, bis es dunkel wird". I would be okay with it, if it was a direct translation of the original English into German but it isn't. The German title translated back into English becomes "Wait Until It Gets Dark".

I do hope that this isn't going to be the only Steelbook release for this but it probably will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
Here some picture of the Steelbook. It includes the original Version from 1976 and the new version from 2014 on 4 discs. 2 Blu-rays and 2 DVDs and there is a Booklet with 24 pages (german lyrics only)

Attachments

• warte_steel_1 (Medium).JPG
    warte_steel_1 (Medium).JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 150
  • warte_steel_2 (Medium).JPG
    warte_steel_2 (Medium).JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 214
  • warte_steel_3 (Medium).JPG
    warte_steel_3 (Medium).JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 141
  • warte_steel_4 (Medium).JPG
    warte_steel_4 (Medium).JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 158
  • warte_steel_5 (Medium).JPG
    warte_steel_5 (Medium).JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 164
  • warte_steel_6 (Medium).JPG
    warte_steel_6 (Medium).JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 159
  • warte_steel_7 (Medium).JPG
    warte_steel_7 (Medium).JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 158
  • warte_steel_8 (Medium).JPG
    warte_steel_8 (Medium).JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 148
What exactly do you mean by "forced subtitles"? Subtitles that are shown even though subtitles are actually "off"?
Can the film be viewed in English with all subtitles turned off? Sometimes they can't be switched off. (France is notorious for this)

Also, if there is text on screen for any reason (ie: '2 years later' or 'Friday August 8th 1976' etc......Is it in English?

Can the film be viewed in English with all subtitles turned off? Sometimes they can't be switched off. (France is notorious for this)

Also, if there is text on screen for any reason (ie: '2 years later' or 'Friday August 8th 1976' etc......Is it in English?

Ok, now i got it..
Would have to check that, since i only watched it in german with my GF the other day...but i can't remember any subtitiles beeing shown there at all..

Ok, now i got it..
Would have to check that, since i only watched it in german with my GF the other day...but i can't remember any subtitiles beeing shown there at all..
Cool.

Is this worth getting do you think? I've never seen either movie but heard good things about them. If this is English friendly I might consider......

Cool.

Is this worth getting do you think? I've never seen either movie but heard good things about them. If this is English friendly I might consider......

I've only watched the one from 2014 - but it was a decent movie. Not a masterpiece to me, but a nice twist and a lot of blood.. :D
I am not sure if i would spend that much money for it again.. i think i would wait for the price to drop. :thumbs:

I can't say a word about the older one though... there are some scenes of it included in the new version, but i absolutely can't say what the movie as a whole is like..

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I've only watched the one from 2014 - but it was a decent movie. Not a masterpiece to me, but a nice twist and a lot of blood.. :D
I am not sure if i would spend that much money for it again.. i think i would wait for the price to drop. :thumbs:

I can't say a word about the older one though... there are some scenes of it included in the new version, but i absolutely can't say what the movie as a whole is like..
Yes. I might wait a few months and see. Hold out for a price drop. Can't see this selling out anytime soon.

:)

Reactions: monsterzebra
Horror movies arranging random objects into skulls for the marking is becoming so Cliché. That said the rest of the design on this steelbook looks good.