The UGLIEST Blu-Ray SteelBook thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This should be a fun topic ...

What is the ugliest steelbook you've come across?

Post a pic while your at it. (google search is your friend)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Here's my pick.
pic removed to remove thumbnail

Awesome movie, and maybe my decision to this is that the other 2 editions just looked much better. Oddly enough, its the only version of Kick Ass I even own.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I'm also not a fan of the Star Trek steel, I think something better could have been done with both of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
There's been a couple real clunkers from TF1.

My pick is Anthony Kavanagh.com

419inh8WEyL.jpg

There's been a couple real clunkers from TF1.

My pick is Anthony Kavanagh.com

419inh8WEyL.jpg

lol that might take the cake! :hilarious:

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

maybe more for lamest instead of ugliest ;p

I'll throw my vote in for the US/ CA Battle: Los Angeles SteelBook. The front cover looks like a low-res screen-capture to me, and the text is just horrendous, IMHO ...

20110614005433556.jpg

I got to say I disagree with you wreck. Of all the steels you pick these two for the ugliest. :hilarious:

I think Battle LA is at the tops.

I love Star Trek. Think it looks awesome. I also like the Kick Ass one. Simple.

This should be a fun topic ...

What is the ugliest steelbook you've come across?

Post a pic while your at it. (google search is your friend)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Here's my pick.

519PrlXt6DL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

Awesome movie, and maybe my decision to this is that the other 2 editions just looked much better. Oddly enough, its the only version of Kick Ass I even own.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I'm also not a fan of the Star Trek steel, I think something better could have been done with both of these.

I'd agree with Battle LA being tops if all I saw were internet pics -- but in person, I really dig it.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

And who the hell is Anthony Kavanagh? Is he Canada's Tyler Perry or something?

I'd agree with Battle LA being tops if all I saw were internet pics -- but in person, I really dig it.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

And who the hell is Anthony Kavanagh? Is he Canada's Tyler Perry or something?

Hey! Don't blame Canada. I never heard of this guy either :D

Hey! Don't blame Canada. I never heard of this guy either :D

Haha -- I figured Canada because of 'nouveau' on the cover, and CA seems to get a ton of steels. Maybe he's just normal French as opposed to French-Canadian. ;)

ADDED:

Mystery solved, from Wikipedia:
Anthony Kavanagh Jr. (born September 26, 1969 in Greenfield Park, Quebec, Canada) is a Canadian comedian, actor and singer.

Damn you, Canada! First Tom Green, and now this?!?!

Last edited:
I think a lot of the german steelbooks are quite boring , not ugly. Just simply because a lot are very similar if not identical to normal blurays/dvds and have a blurb (writing on back), such as 310 to yuma and gran torino

The ugliest steelbook I have is probably wolfman. Im not sure why, I just dislike it. Maybe because of the huge dent that's on it

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

The ugliest steelbook I have is probably wolfman. Im not sure why, I just dislike it. Maybe because of the huge dent that's on it

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

It must be the dent. :D

I love the Wolfman steelbook. It's one of my favorites

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Haha -- I figured Canada because of 'nouveau' on the cover, and CA seems to get a ton of steels. Maybe he's just normal French as opposed to French-Canadian. ;)

ADDED:

Mystery solved, from Wikipedia:

Damn you, Canada! First Tom Green, and now this?!?!

Thanks for the info. I guess you can blame Canada after all ;)

Reactions: Greyback and l1881l