The Ultimate Bourne Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
The Bourne Trilogy Box Set: Universal 100th Anniversary Edition - Play.com Exclusive Steelbook (Blu-ray)
Release Date: August 6th, 2012

Buy Link

Thanks to steelbook86 for the heads-up on new images from Play:
BourneTrilogy-1.jpg

BourneTrilogy-2.jpg

BourneTrilogy-3.jpg

Actual pics:
From pbtour4il:
DSC_1150.jpg

DSC_1151.jpg

DSC_1152.jpg

DSC_1153.jpg

DSC_1154.jpg

DSC_1155.jpg

DSC_1156.jpg

DSC_1157.jpg

DSC_1158.jpg

DSC_1159.jpg

DSC_1160.jpg

DSC_1161.jpg

From Megabee:
ukbourne1.jpg

ukbourne2.jpg

ukbourne3.jpg

ukbourne4.jpg

ukbourne5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my other half just bought of a playtrader on the 20th - still not delivered !!!! looking forward to recieving it though as it looks awsome....

Please remember folks you don't spell received with ie. Remember the rule: i before e except after c - this is basic English!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it was Universal that contacted them and had them remove the steels from their site.

Not all of the steels with residual stock are supposed to be sold by other retailers just yet. ;)

Ha ha. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that.

"Hello Sainsburys. This is Universal. Kindly remove the steelbooks from your site otherwise we're going to be sending Hulk down."

Residual stock, what does that mean? I take it "Returns". Do they still stand at a print run of 4k? Or is it 4k plus a reprint of however many other retailers want?

Last edited:
Residual stock, what does that mean? I take it "Returns". Do they still stand at a print run of 4k?

They still stand at a print run of 4k.

Residual stock means ones that were not sold from the print run that remained in the warehouse.

I can tell you with absolute authority that these are not returned items.

If folks remember the Media Markt waves, the same thing has happened with them and amazon.de in Germany. For example.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't worry me. There's a good reason I choose to buy from Play and not Amazon.de, that being truly limited copies, not print runs reappearing endlessly. I'll be watching this really closely and could change my preferred retailer if more copies are reproduced. The term "bait and switch" hangs over this by a fine thread.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't worry me. There's a good reason I choose to buy from Play and not Amazon.de, that being truly limited copies, not print runs reappearing endlessly. I'll be watching this really closely and could change my preferred retailer if more copies are reproduced. The term "bait and switch" hangs over this by a fine thread.

Yep, this is pretty typical of these limited runs. The studio wants to have the ability to make sure it sells out if the retailer can't move all the stock.

I think we can feel pretty secure that play.com will work with the collector's interests in mind when taking on a limited run.

so i take it sales for this are below expected?
is that bad news for future steels? i have to say, i thought it was a bad move releasing so many in a short time.
paramount, fox, and universal, all with 6 or so steels, all within 2 or 3 months. then all the additional titles from paramount and universal. then a warner wave. all amongst new release titles getting steels. what was the UK total for 2012?
It muct have been approaching 100 all told. Who can afford that many?
i didnt bother with a few of the older titles and more obscure ones, and still spent an absolute fortune!
Maybe if each label put out 1 back catologue title a month that would spread it better.

so i take it sales for this are below expected?
is that bad news for future steels? i have to say, i thought it was a bad move releasing so many in a short time.
paramount, fox, and universal, all with 6 or so steels, all within 2 or 3 months. then all the additional titles from paramount and universal. then a warner wave. all amongst new release titles getting steels. what was the UK total for 2012?
It muct have been approaching 100 all told. Who can afford that many?
i didnt bother with a few of the older titles and more obscure ones, and still spent an absolute fortune!
Maybe if each label put out 1 back catologue title a month that would spread it better.

Steelbooks are a way of generating extra revenue in a declining Home Video market. The Studios will just release where they see a potential profit. Warner just release, re-release and then some more. My favourite is Eureka, they pick and choose the releases to a very few.

Any idea who will be stocking this now? originally it was play then moved onto Sainsburys so I placed my order but today got this email below from them...... I have also checked with HMV and they are not going to stock it

Dear gavin

We're getting in touch to confirm that an item you ordered recently from Sainsbury's Entertainment has been cancelled by the warehouse.

At the time of ordering, we believed this product was available, however we have subsequently been made aware that this product is no longer obtainable from our suppliers.

Please contact our Customer Services Helpline if you require further information.

#0 "The Bourne Trilogy Box Set [Universal 100th Anniversary Edition Steelbook] "
Matt Damon; Blu-ray; £12.99

Any idea who will be stocking this now? originally it was play then moved onto Sainsburys so I placed my order but today got this email below from them...... I have also checked with HMV and they are not going to stock it

Dear gavin

We're getting in touch to confirm that an item you ordered recently from Sainsbury's Entertainment has been cancelled by the warehouse.

At the time of ordering, we believed this product was available, however we have subsequently been made aware that this product is no longer obtainable from our suppliers.

Please contact our Customer Services Helpline if you require further information.

#0 "The Bourne Trilogy Box Set [Universal 100th Anniversary Edition Steelbook] "
Matt Damon; Blu-ray; £12.99

They didn't give a 10% voucher or anything? :emb:

Don't buy from them, I ordered it just before Christmas.3 weeks later still no steelbook..when I e mailed them I was told they had no stock left. Eventually got a full refun.just a piece of friendly ninja advise.:)

Reactions: townterrier