Release date: February 1st, 2016
Purchase link: The Walk (live)
Price: £21.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Missed out on this (*), but looking forward to seeing in hand pics

* Although will wait for the inevitable and no doubt miraculous reappearance later on... :naughty:;)

Likewise showing "Sold out" for me which is a bit concerning having just been released today but still hoping for a chance to pick it up later for less though I won't expect a drop below GBP 15.99 for this new 2 discer.
Having caught the documentary "Man on Wire" some time ago on TV and been impressed by it It's only fair that I should make a point of watching this film also - a film about which nobody seems to have a bad word to say.
Got to admit that this steelbook looks pretty special to me with its clean lines back and front and its angular imagery and I particularly like the symmetry of the front with the sun glinting on the side of the structure photographed beautifully on a beautiful day to look more like an Art Nouveau polished aluminium, steel and glass sculpure lying flat on the ground with its gothic modernist almost organic forms leading the eye into the middle distance to the tightrope and walker rising like a religious symbol from the far end.
Maybe something almost H. R. Giger ("Alien") or Krell ("Forbidden Planet") about the structure ?
Also like the back . . . LOL

Missed out on this (*), but looking forward to seeing in hand pics

* Although will wait for the inevitable and no doubt miraculous reappearance later on... :naughty:;)
I don't think it is actually 'Sold Out', early Monday this was showing as 'Buy Now - Availability : Preorder Now', then got 'Sold Out', I simply think their stock hasn't turned up, I'm still waiting for the 3D Standard release from Amazon to be shipped and they have that as Temporarily Out Of Stock. Must be stock issues with this.

It's bound to come back up when stock arrives, zavvi style.

Reactions: Flloydo
No way is it sold out. I also imagine its just their systems or stock.

Loads at the moment (like always) are going in and out. Agent Carter is now too apparently but I don't believe that either

Don't like the mention of 'special order with our suppliers' in the email they send - shouldn't you have copies already for our pre-orders and not have to do a special order!!

I don't think it is actually 'Sold Out', early Monday this was showing as 'Buy Now - Availability : Preorder Now', then got 'Sold Out', I simply think their stock hasn't turned up, I'm still waiting for the 3D Standard release from Amazon to be shipped and they have that as Temporarily Out Of Stock. Must be stock issues with this.

It's bound to come back up when stock arrives, zavvi style.
And it has! Now available to "buy now"! "Availability: In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours"....

Dispatched on the 3rd, today is the 13th? Where is it coming from, China via rickshaw?
Not impressed being charged for it 10 days ago and not getting anything?

Anyone received theirs yet?