The Witch (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Finland]

Ranavalone

You have to be tough in Finland
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
Finland
Release date: October 2, 2017
Purchase link: CDON.fi (ships only within Finland)
Price: 9.95 EUR
Notes: Scandinavian four-country (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland) common release

the_witch_-_limited_steelbook_blu-ray_nordic-40629136-.jpg

the_witch_-_limited_steelbook_blu-ray_nordic-40629136-bckl.jpg

It's more unnerving than scary. It's a good film no doubt, but more unnerving than scary I'd say.
Unnerving I can deal with... kind of lol.

i highly recommend going into it with exactly that much knowledge and no assumptions. :thumbs: :)
Good to hear! If only we could go into all films like that... I imagine the experience would be very different.

Unnerving I can deal with... kind of lol.

Good to hear! If only we could go into all films like that... I imagine the experience would be very different.
if it's a film i'm keen on, these days i maybe watch the initial teaser max, or nothing at all, even to the point of closing my eyes in the cinema during trailers. cinema without the baggage! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Great film. Like others have said, it's not a typical horror movie. It's more concerned with slowly ratcheting up a sense of impending dread than it is with making you jump. There's also gobs of compelling thematic undercurrents that run throughout that elevate this from the standard horror fare.

Hopefully, this steel makes its way to other outlets. I found the Canadian release a bit underwhelming, but I quite like the look of this--especially if they give it a proper finish. :drool:

• Thanks
That's the only reason I still haven't watched it yet... I'm too scared! :ohno: :p
The movie is not 'scary'. Watch the first 10 minutes of the movie, and if you're not grossed out or if your body doesnt fold itself in half after watching a particular scene, then keep watching. Otherwise, turn the movie off. :coffee:

Watched this again last night after all the chatter and it is made so well.
It reminds me of kill list and under the skin where they are border line art house films but not poncey ... If that makes sense

It is very eerie though and I forgot how much the twins scare the sh*t out of me lol.... Weird kids

Watched this again last night after all the chatter and it is made so well.
It reminds me of kill list and under the skin where they are border line art house films but not poncey ... If that makes sense

It is very eerie though and I forgot how much the twins scare the sh*t out of me lol.... Weird kids

I'm guessing you won't think much of it @Noodles

It's very overrated and NOT scary in the least.......

It's not a horror movie and it's not meant to be scary

bp.jpg

the music itself is very creepy
I have the soundtrack and love it
and I love the 'Black Philip'' back artwork

Last night watching it the second time I did think I'd love to own the soundtrack. If a vinyl came out with that mondo art I'd be all over it

I love the name black Philip too lol. Man just thinking about the twins freak me out. They are like little old people

• Thanks
Reactions: adarkcorner
Last night watching it the second time I did think I'd love to own the soundtrack. If a vinyl came out with that mondo art I'd be all over it

I love the name black Philip too lol. Man just thinking about the twins freak me out. They are like little old people

I have two Black Philip t-shirts. They're both a pentagram design with his head in the middle. One says Black Philip and the other Live Deliciously.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T and Flloydo