Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date : March 12, 2014
Link : Plainarchive.com

Purchase links & price:
1/4 slip cover version - $34.99 - Sold Out
Full slip cover version - $35.99 - Sold Out
Use code O8XG0YTSKQ9Q for 5% order over $100

Notes: Korean creative blu-ray publisher Plain Archive's 1st steelbook is The Wrestler.
1 Disc / G2 size / White Base Layer / Matte varnish / 40 page Booklet (Plain Archive exclusive version) 16 page Booklet (Local Shop version) / Made in Denmark
Limited Print run (Numbered): 3k
1.5K for plainarchive.com (for international customers only) - Quarter slip : 500 units / Full slipcase : 1,000 units
1.5K for plainarchive.co.kr (for domestic customers only) - Quarter slip : 500 units / Full slipcase : 1,000 units
Exclusive extra items: 40p Booklet(Book cover is made of luxurious ‘Savile Row Plain’ paper), Two wrestling trading cards, Number sticker on movie trading card, Mini size re-design poster card, Luxurious exclusive sticker, Full slipcase(Title embossed & High quality royal ivory paper )

steelbook.png

steelbook_back.png

All the details:
1/4 slip cover version
1y8a.jpg

1492719_393308597480295_64825690_o.jpg

Full slip cover version
ghk7.jpg

1524060_393282310816257_1907813579_o.jpg

Plain Archive's exclusive sticker:
1512523_393287337482421_1370401804_n.png

-Gold metal textured finish
-luxurious leather textured sticker paper
-Removable sticker

Promo pictures:
spia.jpg

5oml.jpg

ojzz.jpg

8ve0.jpg

2zod.jpg

4egy.jpg

Actual Image:
5wzm.jpg

qqcv.jpg

gs0q.jpg

kxp5.jpg

7fmq.jpg

hr0n.jpg

9tck.jpg

aba0.jpg

(* Original date was February 26, 2014) / Pre-Orders start at 8:00 AM, Jan 18 (KST / UTC+9 hours)
1535369_393150204162801_2007814833_n.png

Attachments

• steelbook_front.jpg
    steelbook_front.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 3,989
  • steelbook_back.jpg
    steelbook_back.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 397
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
Well, I helped them shifting at least two copies: The Wrestler and Genisys. I already own the full slip, but this steelbook is a work of art and deserves to be presented in all its glory, i.e. without a slip.
I always wanted to own the Genisys lenti slip, but never accepted to spend that kind of money on this horrible movie. With the price reduced by 40%, I didn't hesitate any longer and ordered it last night. It's already dispatched. Nice break from the usual habbit of waiting weeks after payment for the product to ship :)

Well, I helped them shifting at least two copies: The Wrestler and Genisys. I already own the full slip, but this steelbook is a work of art and deserves to be presented in all its glory, i.e. without a slip.
I always wanted to own the Genisys lenti slip, but never accepted to spend that kind of money on this horrible movie. With the price reduced by 40%, I didn't hesitate any longer and ordered it last night. It's already dispatched. Nice break from the usual habbit of waiting weeks after payment for the product to ship :)

It's ashame that PA can't sell their T5 Lenti. I thought it's a great release by them but they don't seem as popular as the other retailers.

Bad times on the horizon for Asian retailers unless they make some wise decisions.

PA just haven't really been in the game much. They did the awesome release for Zero Dark Thirty, which I thought was their breaking point for more things to come. But from then they made some unpopular choices for an exclusive, such as Tinker Tinker Taylor Spy, The Wrestler, The Master. T5 I thought they be back in which they cannot sell out like all the others, but bounced back with Old Boy, then they are off the radar again.

I do feel bad for them because their releases were of top quality.

PA just haven't really been in the game much. They did the awesome release for Zero Dark Thirty, which I thought was their breaking point for more things to come. But from then they made some unpopular choices for an exclusive, such as Tinker Tinker Taylor Spy, The Wrestler, The Master. T5 I thought they be back in which they cannot sell out like all the others, but bounced back with Old Boy, then they are off the radar again.

I do feel bad for them because their releases were of top quality.

They are possibly my joint favorite retailer alongside Blufans. PA give me my cultural/indie fix with titles like Frank and the Wrestler, Blufans feed my appetite for Marvel.
I just hope they can keep their heads above water and maybe choose their titles a little better.... I mean Terminator? Really?

They are possibly my joint favorite retailer alongside Blufans. PA give me my cultural/indie fix with titles like Frank and the Wrestler, Blufans feed my appetite for Marvel.
I just hope they can keep their heads above water and maybe choose their titles a little better.... I mean Terminator? Really?
I find the Plain Selective Terminator releases the best out there. Their lenti is just awesome. Instead of the almost boring transitions/morphing lenticulars they made a lenti which is high res & relevant to the movie. The steel is awesome too, I like the black more than the awful white steel. The full slip is amazing too due to the right way of using holo-foil ;)

I find the Plain Selective Terminator releases the best out there. Their lenti is just awesome. Instead of the almost boring transitions/morphing lenticulars they made a lenti which is high res & relevant to the movie. The steel is awesome too, I like the black more than the awful white steel. The full slip is amazing too due to the right way of using holo-foil ;)

Couldn't agree with you more, the quality of that package is fantastic.

My issue was with the quality of the movie itself. A movie that got a critical mauling and pretty much killed the franchise.... A very odd choice for PA in my opinion.

I just can’t believe plain archive had this still…I was really lucky to know about the sale they had a few days ago, so when I saw this it was a no brainer, one in hand its awesome, rare chance to own this beauty at a price you wouldn’t imagine now days…

Reactions: Aberdonian83
I just can’t believe plain archive had this still…I was really lucky to know about the sale they had a few days ago, so when I saw this it was a no brainer, one in hand its awesome, rare chance to own this beauty at a price you wouldn’t imagine now days…
Assuming it was just the 1/4? Unless they found some fullslips down the back of the sofa, as that has been OOS for a while. Personally, design aside, the steelbook feels cheap in hand. Great design and fullslip though, considering it's age.

Reactions: Lutzo