Thor: The Dark World (3D) - In theaters November 08, 2013

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
From IMDB:
Thor battles an ancient race of Dark Elves led by the vengeful Malekith who threatens to plunge the universe back into darkness after the events of The Avengers.
With: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Kat Dennings, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgard and more...

Trailer:
[media=youtube]npvJ9FTgZbM[/media]

Old infos:
1.jpg

By Odin's beard, get ready for Thor 2.

Disney and Marvel Studios are moving ahead with a sequel to the hit superhero movie, setting a {param} November {param} 8, 2013 release date for the movie.

enneth Branagh will not return to direct, though he will produce. According to sources, Branagh had an option to direct the sequel and there were talks, but a 'mutual parting of ways' occurred.

No writers have been hired for the sequel although Chris Hemsworth, who plays Thor, is slated to reprise his role.

Attachments

• 1-ce01b269c9.jpg
    1-ce01b269c9.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 832
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: himanshu
November is a funny date for this to be released! I thought it would be a "summer blockbuster" still plenty of time for the date to change.

I think it's a pretty solid schedule because you always get 4-6 months between each release. Gives Marvel the time to take the best out of a release without going over the other:
- 13/05/03 Iron Man 3
- 13/11/08 Thor: The dark world
- 14/04/04 Captain America: The winter soldier
- 14/08/01 Guardians of the galaxy
- 15/05/01 The Avengers 2
- TBA Hulk standalone movie

Just been reading theres rumours going around about a Doctor Strange cameo in here! Also rumours they are in talks with Viggo Mortensen to be Doctor Strange. I hope they are true would love to see viggo as the sorcerer supreme!

Just been reading theres rumours going around about a Doctor Strange cameo in here! Also rumours they are in talks with Viggo Mortensen to be Doctor Strange. I hope they are true would love to see viggo as the sorcerer supreme!

Well there goes my hopes Of Tom Welling go to Marvel for Doctor Strange:(.

From FS.net:
Disney and Marvel have also announced that Iron Man 3 (arriving May 3rd, 2013) and Thor: The Dark World (November 8th, 2013) that both films will arrive in 3D. No word on whether Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4th, 2014) will get a 3D release, but since the first film threw Cap's shield into the third dimension, I'd say it's pretty much a guarantee. It will make the box office numbers bigger around the world, and after the storm of cash that erupted from The Avengers, it just makes sense.

Damn... 3D... :angry:

my most anticipated movie this year.
thor battling elves is one thing. i'm interested to know more about the new villains that recently surfaced called the marauders that are appearing in this movie. the only marauders i know belongs to mr sinister.

I'm just as huge a fan of Thor as the next person but i'm a little disappointed how Marvel went behind Kenneth Branagh's back to make this movie.

He was willing to do it but they didn't even involve him. That was a low blow.

Posters rarely do it for me these days, I like all the old posters (i,e the original Star Wars and James Bond posters), where there is a lot going on.

Much more exciting!

Still, thanks for posting it, looking forward to the film (and inevitable steelbook).

Posters rarely do it for me these days, I like all the old posters (i,e the original Star Wars and James Bond posters), where there is a lot going on.
Same here. Most posters look the same nowadays... over-Photoshopped. You can't beat the classic posters that were hand painted. :drool: