Thor: The Dark World (3D) - In theaters November 08, 2013

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
From IMDB:
Thor battles an ancient race of Dark Elves led by the vengeful Malekith who threatens to plunge the universe back into darkness after the events of The Avengers.
With: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Kat Dennings, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgard and more...

Trailer:
[media=youtube]npvJ9FTgZbM[/media]

Old infos:
1.jpg

By Odin's beard, get ready for Thor 2.

Disney and Marvel Studios are moving ahead with a sequel to the hit superhero movie, setting a {param} November {param} 8, 2013 release date for the movie.

enneth Branagh will not return to direct, though he will produce. According to sources, Branagh had an option to direct the sequel and there were talks, but a 'mutual parting of ways' occurred.

No writers have been hired for the sequel although Chris Hemsworth, who plays Thor, is slated to reprise his role.

Attachments

• 1-ce01b269c9.jpg
    1-ce01b269c9.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 831
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: himanshu
Well i preferred this one more, the first set the characters, by now they are established and so more story than before.

Action packed, not too short and nice to have some settings in London.....

Overall, loved it...:)

Just back from watching this.

Took me a few watches of the first Thor for me to like it, hope this one is the same.

Thought it was ok, nothing mind blowing. A lot funnier that the first, so that is a plus.

Wish I hadn't stuck around for the final end credits scene. Wasn't worth it.

Just came back from it.
Had my "traditionnal" glass:
1461638_10151756272609607_1975858211_n.jpg

I truly enjoyed it. Of course, 1st was better. Felt more connected... maybe because 1st was almost all on Earth and this one pretty much the contrary...

Now, a few notes:
Humour: ALL around the place. Enjoyed. I know some will find this really annoying... but personnaly, I like to have a good laugh!
Captain America's cameo: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
Thor hanging Mjolnir: :p

Malekith was PURE evil!!! :movie: (Great job by the actor... much better than Destro :rolleyes:)
Loki: DAMN this guy (Tom) is a PURE Genius!!! :drool:
René Russo kicking Malekith's ass: Bravo!!!! Enjoyed seing her having a real part!
Natalie Portman: can't stop watching her... :drool:

Action: well... lot of smashing... some blured stuff... but overal was nice
3D: one of the best I've seen!!! Credits were :D

Mid-Credit scene:
I have NO idea who this is... I guess it's from Guardians of the Galaxy... but I'll have to discover them...

Great job Marvel! Not the best, but not the worst!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Just got back from watching it. It was an awesome movie, definitely better than Iron Man 3. Loved Loki's performance and the twist at the end (even though it was kind of obvious). Overall, it was very entertaining!

Oh and I got the other cup lol. I didn't realize the hammer was a key chain. I should have gotten that instead :O.

Reactions: Drum18
I loved it! I'm sure few will agree, but it's my second favorite Marvel film behind The Avengers. I really enjoyed the tone. Tom Hiddleston is awesome as always.

Where are you guys getting those cool cups!? I want the one with the hammer! Cant wait to see this tomorrow! :LOL:

Where are you guys getting those cool cups!? I want the one with the hammer! Cant wait to see this tomorrow! :LOL:
Cineplex

Those movie theaters are THE way to watch a movie.
UltraAVX (reserved seats) + incredible 7.1 + possibility to get those nice cups! :hilarious:

Just watched this really good..cant wait for CA2 my question wtf is this guardians of the galaxy marvel film right before avengers 2? Vin diesel? Batista from wwe? What lol

Just watched this really good..cant wait for CA2 my question wtf is this guardians of the galaxy marvel film right before avengers 2? Vin diesel? Batista from wwe? What lol

^^Guardians will be awesome...(it better be awesome)

That said, the cameo in the middle of Thor crazy. I'm so glad they were able to do that. Very much enjoyed this movie. Its everything I want in a Thor movie. Though a little more Warriors 3 wouldnt hurt.