Transformers: Age of Extinction - June 27, 2014

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
From IMDB:
A mechanic and his daughter make a discovery that brings down Autobots and Decepticons - and a paranoid government official - on them.
With: Mark Wahlberg

Trailer:
[media=youtube]ubGpDoyJvmI[/media]

Original post:
Although nothing is official...

JASON Statham is being lined up to star in the next Transformers movie.

Huge opening weekend box office returns have convinced studio bosses to green light Transformers 4 but with a new male lead.

And Jason, who’s dating Rosie Huntington Whitely, is said to be the hot favorite.

“One of the stars being mentioned is Rosie’s boyfriend Jason Statham,” says a Hollywood insider.

“It’s clear the franchise still has huge potential but with a new leading man capable of taking Transformers in a new, darker direction. Jason could be just the man to do that and his relationship with Rosie would be an added bonus in marketing the movie.”

Rosie recently revealed how her movie role bought her closer to Jason.

“He’s extremely proud and he’s extremely excited to see the movie,” she said . “I love his films and now I get to love doing action too. So that’s something that we definitely share in common now.”

Attachments

• hr_Transformers_4_1.jpg
    hr_Transformers_4_1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 324
  • transformers4-teaserposter.jpg
    transformers4-teaserposter.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 412
Last edited by a moderator:
Reboot you say, they probably should have another title then Transformers 4.

I only liked the first movie, I will just pretend that 2 & 3 were never made

I've removed the "Reboot" from the title because since it's Michael Bay (again), we may end up with the same **** as we had with TF2 & TF3... :angry:

I've always been a positive guy, but with those poor results in the TF franchise, I'm not expecting anymore... :rolleyes:

I've removed the "Reboot" from the title because since it's Michael Bay (again), we may end up with the same **** as we had with TF2 & TF3... :angry:

I've always been a positive guy, but with those poor results in the TF franchise, I'm not expecting anymore... :rolleyes:

you mean poor movies? Because Dark of the Moon made over a billion dollars, lol.

But I agree the 2nd was bad and the 3rd while better still was just good action and that's it. I really hope they go "darker and grittier" with whatever the next Transformers movie turn out to be. Im really starting to get tired of Michael Bay's love story plot that he HAS to have in every movie. Don't get me wrong he's a brilliant action movie director but the love stories in all his movies are sappy, over the top, stupid and boring now. DOTM was a perfect example of that....

you mean poor movies? Because Dark of the Moon made over a billion dollars, lol.

But I agree the 2nd was bad and the 3rd while better still was just good action and that's it. I really hope they go "darker and grittier" with whatever the next Transformers movie turn out to be. Im really starting to get tired of Michael Bay's love story plot that he HAS to have in every movie. Don't get me wrong he's a brilliant action movie director but the love stories in all his movies are sappy, over the top, stupid and boring now. DOTM was a perfect example of that....

I think what Drum meant by poor results was the critics response and the public's.

Reactions: Drum18
Im content with the franchise but i think it could of been off the rocker with a different director's view such as Ridley scott or Cameron.

Last edited:
Of course after I got not 1 but 2! Of the limited trilogy set. Still glad there is a 4th film on the way. Hope they know what to do and make it how us fans want it.

I enjoyed the movies, maybe a little cheesy but I think the director wanted the film to appeal to everyone including kids watching it. Hopefully the fourth one have a more darker tone and feel to it all.

I liked the first one but never really enjoyed the other two, must watch them again to see if my mind has changed.

Just read this on collider

We previously learned that none of the original cast of the Transformers series will return for Transformers 4, and the sequel will feature “some redesign of the robots.” However, Michael Bay and Co. may be taking those ideas further than you thought. Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner talked a bit about Transformers 4 at the UBS Best Of Americas 2012 Conference* and unveiled the placeholder logo seen above. According to TFW2005 [via Bleeding Cool], Goldner lamented the stagnant toy sales around the release of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, presumably because audiences had already spent two whole movies with these played-out giant robot characters. Hence, Transformers 4 will reportedly tell a new story about a new group of robots so Hasbro can reinvent the brand with a new (and thus much hipper) toy line. There are good narrative reasons to change up the roster, but it’s hard to stay positive when the primary source of the movie’s news is a toy company CEO.

Sounds like theres going to be no Optimus Prime! :(

How can there be no Optimus in the movie! lol

I dunno man, from what I read it sounds like its a stand alone film nothing to do with the other 3. Michael Bay said that there story was done with the first 3 films and this one would be set in space and not on Earth! They asked him if it was a reboot and he said he didn't know if that was the right word to use. Sounds like they wanna change the characters to sell more toys like the films don't make enough lol. Optimus best be in there or i aint interested!

What about a new story with Ultra Magnus, then Rodimus Prime & Unicron? :scat:

Oh wait... I'm back in Transformers: The Movie (1986) :hilarious: