Underworld: Blood Wars (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

bigfub

Dreaming Dredd Ninja
Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
Release date: May 29, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Zoom UK (Live to pre-order)
Price: £20.00 (Zoom) - £22.99 (Zavvi) - £21.99 (Amazon)

11396048-2074454273516589.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an average matte finish, not Zavvi bad or Arrow amazing just adequate. For £22 it's lacking. It's a £15.99 steel at best

A bit odd comparing the finish of a steelbook sold by a retailer that sells 100's of different titles a year from 20 or so distributors, and the finish of a steelbook made specifically on behalf of one company. Ironically, a company that sells steelbooks through Zavvi. That means that Arrow steelbooks are 'Zavvi bad' by your logic.

Personally I think the finish is okay, so in this case 'Amazon average' would apply (even though I could have bought it elsewhere).

A bit odd comparing the finish of a steelbook sold by a retailer that sells 100's of different titles a year from 20 or so distributors, and the finish of a steelbook made specifically on behalf of one company. Ironically, a company that sells steelbooks through Zavvi. That means that Arrow steelbooks are 'Zavvi bad' by your logic.

Personally I think the finish is okay, so in this case 'Amazon average' would apply (even though I could have bought it elsewhere).

Zavvi and Arrow both have had exclusives made purely for them. Which although sometimes sold elsewhere, have on occassions only been available from those companies. Marvel wave one Zavvi exclusives, great art, terrible matte finish, not available anywhere else. Hence on matte finishes I use them as the bar set for lowest quality. Arrow have them made for them, although sold on other sites, they are Arrow releases and have a stunning heavy smooth matte finish unlike anything else I've seen in the UK, hence they are the best matte finishes. Simples

Zavvi and Arrow both have had exclusives made purely for them. Which although sometimes sold elsewhere, have on occassions only been available from those companies. Marvel wave one Zavvi exclusives, great art, terrible matte finish, not available anywhere else. Hence on matte finishes I use them as the bar set for lowest quality. Arrow have them made for them, although sold on other sites, they are Arrow releases and have a stunning heavy smooth matte finish unlike anything else I've seen in the UK, hence they are the best matte finishes. Simples

Surely then, you should say 'not Disney bad, not Arrow amazing'.

There's loads of matte finishes that are poor. Lionsgate's Hunger Games series, pretty much every Marvel release worldwide, Fox's Alien series, Warner's Blade Runner... It just strikes me as odd that you'd blanket every matte steelbook Zavvi has released (but not produced) under the same banner in an answer about quality.

Had to request a return for mine from Amazon UK. Looked like Kate jumped on it from a tall building, ha. Waiting on replacement from Zavvi. My Amazon UK one came in chintzy little mailer as always, so hopefully the one in Zavvi box is not damaged.

• Thanks
Reactions: psychoscot
Had to request a return for mine from Amazon UK. Looked like Kate jumped on it from a tall building, ha. Waiting on replacement from Zavvi. My Amazon UK one came in chintzy little mailer as always, so hopefully the one in Zavvi box is not damaged.

Aww that really sucks DB, did you get one of @zesty snazzy slips?

Really hoped to see someone do a premium release for this with 3D in a nice premium slip. Critics panned the film but I truly can't understand why, I thought it was well made and highly entertaining. Equally as good as the other 3 proper Underworld films

Aww that really sucks DB, did you get one of @zesty snazzy slips?

Really hoped to see someone do a premium release for this with 3D in a nice premium slip. Critics panned the film but I truly can't understand why, I thought it was well made and highly entertaining. Equally as good as the other 3 proper Underworld films

Looked cool but no, not a huge collector of slips per se. I don't give much thought to reviews. If I like the film, I like it. I enjoyed this installment as well. I actually thought it was one of the better ones.

Same here, it's amazing it wasn't crushed in that long of a distance through multiple curriers and hands in such a flimsy little cardboard box. :wtf:
its like when i order from them i try to get more than 1 item so they can send it in a better package, from all amazons i prefer the German one, they are always awesome even for 1 item....

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader