V for Vendetta (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order live Saturday 8th October at 18:00 BST)
Price: £15.99

11340137-1214422135338955.jpg

11340137-2044427010894291.jpg

Last edited:
November 7? Shouldn't this be released two days earlier?
November 7th is a Monday
Release date it would be correct unless changed to a different Monday date and with Zavvi that possible
I know guy fawkes day is November 5th but UK release dates is always on a Monday for DVD/Blu-ray releases

As with Zavvi most releases payment and order shipped is before release date
Most times it's on the Tue/Wed/Thur before release date with most UK customers getting delivery on Fri/Sat
So if the release date remains November 7th a lot of customers in the UK would have delivery if ordered from Zavvi on Saturday 5th anyway

Last edited:
Proof of the pudding is in the size of the plate as they say in the States, once November rocks round I say the original will halve in value.

Braveheart, Taken, Roger Rabbit, Star Trek and lately Top Gun, prices decimated due to rereleases.

With different art, as @Wreck pointed out, the original won't lose value. For instance, original UK Iron Man is still silly money despite further releases ditto many more . . . .

Oh, btw the anecdote is "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" NOT the "size of the plate" If you say the latter in your parts, it is wrong.

The first release is enough for me, there will be no double dip for this one, hasn't been that long too, lot of other pre releases to go for instead.

With different art, as @Wreck pointed out, the original won't lose value. For instance, original UK Iron Man is still silly money despite further releases ditto many more . . . .

Oh, btw the anecdote is "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" NOT the "size of the plate" If you say the latter in your parts, it is wrong.
Have you ever been to America, the plates are mahoosive!

Guess am keeping hold of my original Zavvi steel (was considering selling it to pay for other new steel purchases)
As it is I'd be lucky to get cost price, but now it's just gonna drop in value :(

I am not at all au fait with the reselling market, but is there not also a chance that once these hit the market that the 'completeists' out there will start hunting for the Zavvi original?

The first zavvi release was great IMO gloss and embossed I was lucky to get a mint copy in all the damaged ones
I'm not knocking this one happy to see what the finished copies are like

Yes, plenty of room for more than one steelbook of any film as long as they are noticeably different (see BEN-HUR 1959, for example, with the 2013 original poster artwork steelbook and the understated elegant upcoming 2016 edition).
This steelbook for "V" with artwork taken from the most recognisable of the original posters is certainly different to the original although I'm concerned that it will be lacking the "texture" and the particular style of the original and therefore not nearly as interesting or as desirable.
The new steel, however, has what could be better positioned front artwork than the original - not a fan of the framing border cutting through the artwork in the way that it does on the original and much happier when the artwork is raised to the same level as the frame (even though that would mean losing the embossed title).

v-for-vendetta-steelbook-6.jpg

Poster design by CONCEPT ARTS
v_for_vendetta_ver4.jpg

Last edited: