Slipbox Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Novamedia Limited Edition) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 30, 2018
Purchase links: 2D + 3D Double Pack - Lenticular Full Slip - Full Slip (Pre-order March 2 at 2 PM Korea Time)
Price: $28.99 (Full Slip) - $31.99 (Lenti) - $41.99 (2D+3D Double Pack)
Notes: Lenti 500 copies - Full Slip 500 copies - 2D + 3D Double Pack 1000 copies

28167318_1184067705030333_2359344571840620280_n.jpg 28279346_1184067688363668_8290650696156706948_n.jpg 28377586_1184067711696999_7893148167690215346_n.jpg

Last edited:
The lenti should have included the 3D disc. Instead of making us spring for a double pack I don't need (I do want to see the film in 3D though)

What kind of finish does the box set have @Damon M ? Any nice embossing/spot glossing? Doesn't appear to be anything special from the pics :(

The lenti should have included the 3D disc. Instead of making us spring for a double pack I don't need (I do want to see the film in 3D though)

What kind of finish does the box set have @Damon M ? Any nice embossing/spot glossing? Doesn't appear to be anything special from the pics :(
There is some slight embossing and glossing. It’s a nice slip but the other two look nicer IMO. For the most expensive of the three I expected a bit more. Definitely should have had a lenticular cover.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I’ve watched the 3D disc, there is an authoring issue towards the end of the film when the K Trons attack. On some occasions it will pixilate terribly, other times not.

Ok, so @Damon M I received my set this week and I've watched the 3D version of the film. I've no pixelation problems like you say so you may have a faulty disc and might want to get that checked out.

However, I did notice that the title of the film was in German and one of the descriptive texts also where it's supposed to say '400 years later'!!!!?? :confused: (see screenshots)

_20180628_061641-800x461.JPG _20180628_061732-800x411.JPG

How this is even possible where there are no German language or subtitle options (only Korean or English) is baffling.

Seems to me like there may have been disc authoring issues alright.

Ok, so @Damon M I received my set this week and I've watched the 3D version of the film. I've no pixelation problems like you say so you may have a faulty disc and might want to get that checked out.

However, I did notice that the title of the film was in German and one of the descriptive texts also where it's supposed to say '400 years later'!!!!?? :confused: (see screenshots)

View attachment 380769 View attachment 380770

How this is even possible where there are no German language or subtitle options (only Korean or English) is baffling.

Update on mine: I washed the disc in warm soapy water several times. Dried with a lint free cloth between each wash. Have had no problems since. As for the German, mine has it too. There's also now no English hard subs at the beginning on planet Mul, as per its theatrical release. So to me there are few glitches, but overall its a great package.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Update on mine: I washed the disc in warm soapy water several times. Dried with a lint free cloth between each wash. Have had no problems since. As for the German, mine has it too. There's also now no English hard subs at the beginning on planet Mul, as per its theatrical release. So to me there are few glitches, but overall its a great package.
Yes, I noticed that too regarding the hard subs at the start too.

It is a great package alright. I really enjoyed the movie too. The 3D was awesome as the film is really suited to it. It was a blind buy for me so I'm very happy with it.

View attachment 380769 View attachment 380770

so German Audio?

Mix and match

View attachment 453520
I've been thinking of doing this myself...could you tell me how well the steelbook fits inside the slipcover please? Also is the lenticular slip cover lenticular on both sides or just the front (based on the photos in this thread I think it's probably just the front but wanted to be certain!).

Thanks in advance!

I've been thinking of doing this myself...could you tell me how well the steelbook fits inside the slipcover please? Also is the lenticular slip cover lenticular on both sides or just the front (based on the photos in this thread I think it's probably just the front but wanted to be certain!).

Thanks in advance!

It fits perfectly instead of the scanavo case. Lenti on the front only.

Reactions: Loony_Tic