Slipbox Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Novamedia Limited Edition) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 30, 2018
Purchase links: 2D + 3D Double Pack - Lenticular Full Slip - Full Slip (Pre-order March 2 at 2 PM Korea Time)
Price: $28.99 (Full Slip) - $31.99 (Lenti) - $41.99 (2D+3D Double Pack)
Notes: Lenti 500 copies - Full Slip 500 copies - 2D + 3D Double Pack 1000 copies

28167318_1184067705030333_2359344571840620280_n.jpg 28279346_1184067688363668_8290650696156706948_n.jpg 28377586_1184067711696999_7893148167690215346_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a bummer. Give me a booklet over postcards any day of the week. (I could print those off a printer if I wanted them)

It's a nice-looking release, though. While the film's story was lackluster, it had some of the best visual effects I've ever seen. Such a beautiful film!

I have a feeling they've left the booklet out because it won't fit inside the Viva Elite cases which are thin. The non-Steelbook NOVA exclusives have always had the smaller sized booklet that sits inside the Amaray rather than one the size of the case itself. If that is the case, I don't think it's a good enough excuse though because they've done different sized booklets before, i.e. the booklets in their lenticular slip Steelbooks are usually thinner than what's in the fullslip versions.

I enjoyed the movie a lot. It's got issues, but it looks amazing and there's some really good set pieces and jokes (the giant hat that's also a plate kills me). What I find most surprising about it though is how "European" it is despite it going for a wider audience and being made in English; you can see this especially in the character archetypes, the humour, and scenes like the banquet.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
The lenticular editions always have a higher price than the fullslip editions. It was the same for the NOVA edition of The Hitman's Bodyguard.
True. I guess i was just expecting lenti to include the 3D disc.

Now I'm tempted to get both lenti and full slips, the first for the artwork and the other for the likely nice finish...

giphy.gif

#FirstWorldProblems @AlienKing @PunkNinja @harry :p
Know the feeling all too well. Haha. Had they used the WWA steelbook artwork on the full slip, i would've bought without thinking.

Do you think that will sell fast?
I don't think it will because it's not a Steelbook :meh: As much as I love Steelbooks, I find some peoples' blind devotion to them a bit much.

But that being said, all the NOVA Exclusive Amarays become super hard to find once they're OOS, and in general, Korean editions become really rare once they're sold out.

and in general, Korean editions become really rare once they're sold out.
And the ones that dont, become super cheap :LOL:
I dont know how well this movie did in Korea but yes, it is as you say; once they are OOS, they dont only go up in price, they just disappear :wow:

The 3D amaray art is stunning, but I just couldn’t justify the price without a booklet and the fact I don’t have a 3D player.
Went with the 2D fullslip instead.
Love Nova Amaray editions like this, they’re always so well done, glad this film will be getting a proper treatment.