Violent Night (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) [UK]

Jan 31, 2014
Release date: November 6, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £39.99
Notes: Exclusive to UK and limited to 1500

9175SwnXjAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As you said above "I should get faster" ... the problem, we don't receive any mail from Amazon UK compared to Zavvi.

And HMV does not ship outside UK , same as Zavvi.

So I can't get connected to Amazon UK all day long and hope a restock which won't happen .... and for private matter, I can't be online early in the morning.

So I won't get this great edition , tired of missing many ones !
I don't necessarily think getting online faster helps anymore. Super Limited seems to be the way forward on these editions now.
No doubt this edition will be all over eBay soon enough though.

I don't necessarily think getting online faster helps anymore. Super Limited seems to be the way forward on these editions now.
No doubt this edition will be all over eBay soon enough though.

we'll get a simple steelbook in France ...

but I disagree with you ... when you got an info before other people, you have an advantage .... I have no clue there will be a collector edition for this movie. but I admit, I did not connected to this thread early in the morning, around 10AM.
maybe I would have luck to preorder.

And I got lucky to preorder "M3gan" CE, "Hannibal" CE on Amazon UK, which is limited to 2000ex or 1500ex as "Violent Night" , because I had the info and rush to preorder.

The new line is a standard steelbook or a collector edition very limited ... and when you check, it's always Universal titles.

We don't have a good bluray market in France for Collector Edition, so if retailers stop shipping outside UK, well we have to go on the bay, and I refuse to pay more than the preorder price.
So if I can't preorder, I won't buy the edition on ebay ....

Nice steel. Great finish. Slip and extras aren't anything special imo. Glad to have ordered the steel only release from fnac for nearly half the price lol

Any signs of steel only coming to UK? Enjoy steelbook collecting, but this new trend of all the tat and £40 is just hitting the wallet too much now.
Nope, no indication. Probably won't either given the track record of previous UCE universal releases. Suggest you order from FNAC like I did.

• Thanks
Reactions: spookz
Cheers. I've had 2 steels delivered dented before with FNAC, but who knows, maybe 3rd time lucky, lol!
Well they're certainly better than amazon France! Zavvi, hmv or any other standard uk retailer don't package better either tbh, it's just luck of the draw with transportation.

Reactions: spookz
Why do we keep getting the tat addled versions in the UK? I don’t want to pay an extra £20 for a load of tat that goes in the trash
The steels on their own would be £29.99. I ordered this for £31.99 so that extra tat for £2 is fine by me. As long as the tat looks good and the art is pretty decent all around on this one

Reactions: 101 steel
Why do we keep getting the tat addled versions in the UK? I don’t want to pay an extra £20 for a load of tat that goes in the trash
The slipcase and a decent (and it has to be a decent one) press kit booklet, then its worth the extra for me; as for the other tatty waste of earth resources, I could happily do without.

The steels on their own would be £29.99. I ordered this for £31.99 so that extra tat for £2 is fine by me. As long as the tat looks good and the art is pretty decent all around on this one
Not really. I've got the bare bones steelbook on preorder for €24.99 which is only about £22....

So that tat is worth £10!!

Why do we keep getting the tat addled versions in the UK? I don’t want to pay an extra £20 for a load of tat that goes

You realise that if you used a 20% off code it would also be applicable to the £29.99 price point? Meaning it would have cost £23.99 so you’ve actually paid £8 for tat :)

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Not really. I've got the bare bones steelbook on preorder for €24.99 which is only about £22....

So that tat is worth £10!!
Yeah but in the U.K. it would be £29.99 on its own

And yeah of course. We pay more for the “tat” in premium editions and this is no different. £10 for a rigid slip with a finish, art cards, booklet and poster is a great price for extra items

You realise that if you used a 20% off code it would also be applicable to the £29.99 price point? Meaning it would have cost £23.99 so you’ve actually paid £8 for tat :)
that is true. Which I’ve done to all my current orders lol. But it’s still a great price for a collectors editions with the same contents the premiums add to their theirs

If it was the steel on its own then great but I also like collectors editions so if we had the choice i would’ve still picked this