Vote-Oscars race 2015-Best Picture

What film should win 'Best Picture' for the 2015 Oscars?

• American Sniper

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Birdman

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Boyhood

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • The Grand Budapest Hotel

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • The Imitation Game

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Selma

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • The Theory of Everything

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Whiplash

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

The Oscars are February 22,2015.
Join in the fun and chat and vote for your favorites in our HDN Oscar chat threads!
What film should win?

bpamericansniper.jpg
bpbirdman.jpg
bpboyhood.jpg
bpgrand.jpg
bpimitation.jpg
bpselma.jpg
bptheory.jpg
bpwhiplash.jpg

Attachments

• Best Picture.png
    Best Picture.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,441
Last edited:
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Haven't seen a single one from this list... :(
But I voted for Boyhood since I admire the "courage" the director took for directing for 12 years straight, 1 week at the time! neven been done!

I would be totally fine with Birdman or Boyhood winning, I would be very happy with The Grand Budapest Hotel or Whiplash winning, but I truly think American Sniper deserves it.

I'm yet to see Selma and The Theory of Everything, but I doubt I'll enjoy either of those as much as I did Whiplash, so that gets my vote! I'd be ok with any of the others winning though... although I did find Birdman to be quite boring (suppose I need to rewatch it), I still thought the performances were great.

I don't think they have a "set" number. 2010 & 2011 had 10 nominees.
2012, 2013, and 2014 had 9...

This year, 8.

I don't really know how it works... but I don't see the harm in having 10 nominations a year.
The max amount is 10 but to receive a nomination they must receive a minimum amount of votes decided by the Academy.

Reactions: kaw
All are respectable picks, what would decide my vote is what film broke the most ground in the film industry this year. All films nominated were executed to near perfection. The Academy has the tendency to stay away from the "comedy-black comedy" genre when it comes to voting for Best Picture. I can't see Selma (an early contender) winning due to the historical inaccuracies as well as 12 Years a Slave just winning last year (Academy love films that explore hardships such as racism, sexuality, gender equality, etc). I think the Academy will acknowledge the dedication from the Boyhood team and reward them with the Best Picture. Many people consider it overrated with a generic premise but the widespread critical acclaim will win this film the Oscar. One of the most unique films in years.

Loved Birdman & Grand Budapest. Both those movies made me grateful. Grateful to be watching honest to god 'grown-up' movies in a sea of movies made for teenagers.:rolleyes:

Will be seeing Foxcatcher, American Sniper and Whiplash at the flicks next week. Gutted I missed Birdman though