Vote-Oscars race 2015-Best Picture

What film should win 'Best Picture' for the 2015 Oscars?

• American Sniper

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Birdman

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Boyhood

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • The Grand Budapest Hotel

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • The Imitation Game

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Selma

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • The Theory of Everything

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Whiplash

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

The Oscars are February 22,2015.
Join in the fun and chat and vote for your favorites in our HDN Oscar chat threads!
What film should win?

bpamericansniper.jpg
bpbirdman.jpg
bpboyhood.jpg
bpgrand.jpg
bpimitation.jpg
bpselma.jpg
bptheory.jpg
bpwhiplash.jpg

Attachments

• Best Picture.png
    Best Picture.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,442
Last edited:
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
How Grand Budapest Hotel could be up against such brilliance as the Imitation Game is a bit of a joke, Grand Budapest Hotel is utter drivel

Saw these 4 today as part of Best Picture Showcase from AMC Theatres:

Boyhood-quite the achievement in capturing ordinary life in an extraordinary way. Really enjoyed the script, lots of truths about existence and life in general captured in a very lyrical way. Transitions through age very seamless.

The Theory of Everything-huge Hawking fan, but actually expected a bit more from film itself. All actors did great job, however.

The Imitation Game-really enjoyed this one, engaging story and performances by all.

American Sniper-was better than I expected after some very negative press. I liked this film more than I thought I would, and was glad that PTSD was prominently highlighted in this film-an essential topic that needs far more discussion and support in media and in general.

Reactions: vurt
I voted for Whiplash, but after seeing that Boyhood didn't win a single reward I would've liked to see it win Best Picture. Really gutted for Linklater. :(

I haven't seen all the nominees, but among the ones I have seen I personally enjoyed The Grand Budapest Hotel the most

I voted for Whiplash, but after seeing that Boyhood didn't win a single reward I would've liked to see it win Best Picture. Really gutted for Linklater. :(

Boyhood did win one award, for Supporting Actress. So it wasn't shut out completely

Boyhood did win one award, for Supporting Actress. So it wasn't shut out completely
True, Patricia winning Supporting Actress is better than nothing I suppose... but I meant in terms of Linklater getting something, so either Best Director or Best Picture.