Vote-Oscars race 2015-Best Picture

What film should win 'Best Picture' for the 2015 Oscars?

• American Sniper

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Birdman

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Boyhood

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • The Grand Budapest Hotel

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • The Imitation Game

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Selma

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • The Theory of Everything

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Whiplash

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

The Oscars are February 22,2015.
Join in the fun and chat and vote for your favorites in our HDN Oscar chat threads!
What film should win?

bpamericansniper.jpg
bpbirdman.jpg
bpboyhood.jpg
bpgrand.jpg
bpimitation.jpg
bpselma.jpg
bptheory.jpg
bpwhiplash.jpg

Attachments

• Best Picture.png
    Best Picture.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,442
Last edited:
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Havent seen Birdman yet so my pick would be The Imitation Game for now.

By the way where is Interstellar, Unbroken and Gone Girl?

And I personally think Boyhood is getting much more praise than it should. The one simple idea is the only thing thats holding it. Characters, screenplay, music, cinematography and all the other elements are far better in any of the other films nominated. I feel like its this years Social Network. Dont get me wrong, its not a bad film but imo it has no place among the others nominated.

Is it me but every time Oscar come around half the movies that are up for best film , I have not heard of ? , what's happened to movies like dawn ....planet of apes or hobbit movies?

Havent seen Birdman yet so my pick would be The Imitation Game for now.

By the way where is Interstellar, Unbroken and Gone Girl?

And I personally think Boyhood is getting much more praise than it should. The one simple idea is the only thing thats holding it. Characters, screenplay, music, cinematography and all the other elements are far better in any of the other films nominated. I feel like its this years Social Network. Dont get me wrong, its not a bad film but imo it has no place among the others nominated.
The idea of Boyhood is unique although the storyline could be looked at as one dimensional. Birdman has been looked at as the fan favorite but rarely do black comedies take the big prize. The making of Boyhood is much more difficult than people think. The editing for this film is incredible and the performances by Hawke and Arquette through the years is a breath of fresh air. I understand why people would consider this an overrated film but the work put into this movie is remarkable.

The idea of Boyhood is unique although the storyline could be looked at as one dimensional. Birdman has been looked at as the fan favorite but rarely do black comedies take the big prize. The making of Boyhood is much more difficult than people think. The editing for this film is incredible and the performances by Hawke and Arquette through the years is a breath of fresh air. I understand why people would consider this an overrated film but the work put into this movie is remarkable.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It is indeed a good film with something new but my issue is if this one got nominated I dont understand why Gone Girl and Interstellar stayed left behind. Well, its just my opinion.

There are films with powerful stories nominated so I'm really curious who will take the prize this year.

I am afraid it is a form of snobbery :sick:. In a way that Toy Story 3 should have won :(. @whysoserious.

I have become a little dissapointed with the whole Oscar thing . Sky have the rights the BBC used to show the highlights not for the past 4 ish years so I feel out of the loop just watching the main winners Actor's male and female Film blah blah on the regular news.

Do I care about what dress someone is wearing ? (n) NO I carn't give a poop it is about the job they do on screen not the frock on a night out o_O.

I just want Michael Keaton to walk away with one :ohno:.

To many amazing performances have been overlooked and mates votes have taken precidence over who did the best job :cry:.

Still stings that Liam Neeson and Raph Finnes lost out for Shindlers List , Ian McKellen for Gods And Monsters , Fellowship Of The Ring . Steven Spilberg for The Colour Purple and Amistad .

Off Topic slightly however it annoyed me that both Roddy McDowell and Andy Serkis derserved a nodd for the groundbreaking work done almost 50 years apart :angry:.

Something wrong somewhere in my book :banghead: .

Reactions: tridon
I am afraid it is a form of snobbery :sick:. In a way that Toy Story 3 should have won :(. @whysoserious.

I have become a little dissapointed with the whole Oscar thing . Sky have the rights the BBC used to show the highlights not for the past 4 ish years so I feel out of the loop just watching the main winners Actor's male and female Film blah blah on the regular news.

Do I care about what dress someone is wearing ? (n) NO I carn't give a poop it is about the job they do on screen not the frock on a night out o_O.

I just want Michael Keaton to walk away with one :ohno:.

To many amazing performances have been overlooked and mates votes have taken precidence over who did the best job :cry:.

Still stings that Liam Neeson and Raph Finnes lost out for Shindlers List , Ian McKellen for Gods And Monsters , Fellowship Of The Ring . Steven Spilberg for The Colour Purple and Amistad .

Off Topic slightly however it annoyed me that both Roddy McDowell and Andy Serkis derserved a nodd for the groundbreaking work done almost 50 years apart :angry:.

Something wrong somewhere in my book :banghead: .

agree totally and

i agree with this article pretty much :

http://www.filmsite.org/worstoscars.html

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair
Yeah, I see what you mean. It is indeed a good film with something new but my issue is if this one got nominated I dont understand why Gone Girl and Interstellar stayed left behind. Well, its just my opinion.

There are films with powerful stories nominated so I'm really curious who will take the prize this year.
When 2014 started Interstellar was considered a favorite for Best Picture, in my opinion I think the plot holes and duration of the movie held the film back from its full potential. I'm not surprised Gone Girl didn't get nominated, its a great movie but the elements of the film don't make it a serious contender for best picture. The thriller genre isn't acknowledged as much as a drama or a biopic (Nightcrawler for example). I do think Gillian Flynn should have been nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay though.

Reactions: CollectorEmtee

I really like both Birdman and Boyhood and have a lot of respect for both films, but I did not enjoy them as much as The Grand Budapest Hotel or Whiplash. The Grand Budapest Hotel stayed with me all year, but Whiplash blew me away when I saw it. Then about a week later I watched American Sniper and I was so emotionally affected by it. I think Bradley Cooper was phenomenal in it. Contrary to certain reviews I have read, I think it avoids many war-movie clichés. I cried at the end. I just think it was the best and my favorite.

Whiplash. It's not just film of the year for me, it's one of the best films I have ever seen. From start the finish, it's edge of your seat, nail biting, emotionally intense stuff. I came out of the cinema totally exhilarated by the experience. The performances from Teller and Simmons are something else! Both deserve Oscar acknowledgments. The film-making, score and editing is up there with the best I have ever seen. This film will not leave my consciousness, and that is a very good sign.

What Film SHOULD Win (from the list):
Whiplash

What WILL Win:
Birdman

What Films SHOULD be on the list:
Gone Girl
Nightcrawler

What Films SHOULDN'T be on the list:
American Sniper
The Grand Budapest Hotel

Reactions: Drum18
As part of Best Picture Showcase today saw.

My own quick thoughts-
Grand Budapest Hotel-quirky, unexpected, fun and funny
Whiplash-really liked Simmon's performance and of course the story itself. Awesome drum solos.
Birdman-surprised by how much I liked the duality of his character and the story. Keaton soared(all puns intended). A bit offbeat, but enjoyed the commentary about entertainment industry in general, and the metaphoric story-telling.
Selma-very engaging performance by lead, and governor of Alabama, and a story that is often forgotten but needs to be told. Heart wrenching and eye-opening in terms of where we were and are in history.

Reactions: Drum18