War for the Planet of the Apes - In theaters July 14, 2017

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: War of the Planet of the Apes (2017)

Genre: [GENRE][/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Matt Reeves[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR][/ACTOR]

Plot: In War for the Planet of the Apes, the third chapter of the critically acclaimed blockbuster franchise, Caesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally brings them face to face, Caesar and the Colonel are pitted against each other in an epic battle that will determine the fate of both their species and the future of the planet.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
3vYhLLxrTtZLysXtIWktmd57Snv.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]
From IMDB:
War_Apes.jpg

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/matt-reeves-will-direct-planet-of-the-apes-3
Matt Reeves will return to helm the sequel for Dawn of the Apes, 'Planet of the Apes 3' with a release date of July 29, 2016

EXCLUSIVE: Right after 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment began screening his cut of Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, Matt Reeves has signed on to direct the third installment of the franchise. This time, he will write the script with Mark Bomback, one of the writers who scripted the sequel. Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa were the scribes who resurrected the franchise with Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, the Ruper Wyatt-directed film that grossed $482 million worldwide in 2011. The directing deal is done and the writer deals are being worked out right now. It is likely that Reeves will go right into the third film, a priority for the studio.

It was revealed that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes helmer Matt Reeves will be returning for another entry in the sci-fi film series. 20th Century Fox has dated the untitled film (the eighth in the franchise overall and the third since the series was rebooted for the second time with Rise of the Planet of the Apes) for July 29, 2016. There are currently no other films scheduled for release on that day.

First, Dawn is set to debut July 11, 2014, and it stars Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke and Keri Russell, with Andy Serkis reprising his role as Caesar, the intelligent ape that led the breakout from a lab before much of the human race was wiped out at the close of the first film. The survivors square off against Caesar’s growing army in the second film. The pic is based on the Pierre Boulle novel, and was first turned into a film that starred Charlton Heston in 1968.

planet-of-the-apes-wallpaper.jpg

*UPDATE*
Earlier today FOX announced the third 'Untitled' Planet of the Apes has been moved from July 29, 2016 to July 14, 2017. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: denizen and Asopp
Andy Serkis Says Planet of the Apes Series Could be More Than Three Films!
popcorn2.gif

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/385263-andy-serkis-says-planet-of-the-apes-series-could-be-more-than-three-films

Even before Dawn of the Planet of the Apes opened in theaters this summer, 20th Century Fox was already making plans for a third film in the rebooted franchise, but after “Dawn” outgrossed the preceding “Rise” by over $225 million and became the highest-grossing film in the series, the studio might have begun thinking even bigger.

Speaking with MTV, Caesar himself, Andy Serkis, was asked about the setting for the upcoming third film and revealed that the next one may not be the conclusion to the franchise.

“It’s very, very early in where we choose to drop anchor in the next film. It could be five years after the event, it could be the night after the events of where we left ‘Dawn,’ so it’s very difficult to know where the story is going right at this moment because it’s being written as we speak. I know that part of the desire for Matt [Reeves] to do this next movie is about continuing the enjoyment of seeing these apes evolve. So I don’t think we’re going to see a situation where we’re jumping….It might be three films, It could be four. It could be five. Who knows? But the journey will continue. It might not necessarily be summarized or completely fulfilled in this next one. The point being, eventually we know that we’re going to end up back at ‘The Planet of the Apes,’ but whether it’s this film or not, I don’t know.

The Untitled Third Planet of the Apes film will be directed once again by Matt Reeves, who is co-writing the script with Mark Bomback. It’s set for release on July 29, 2016.

Reactions: cjy152
Earlier today FOX announced the third 'Untitled' Planet of the Apes has been moved from July 29, 2016 to July 14, 2017. :thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Sad we have to wait so long for the next one. But glad they aren't rushing it, more time to make it the best movie it can be.
Probably also trying to accommodate Andy Serkis' crazy schedule now with Star Wars and Black Panther (most likely).

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Movie title revealed by Matt Reeves and confirmed to be War of the Planet of the Apes.

Matt Reeves' full quote below:

“We actually did have an ending that went one step further, and I realized late in the game, ‘Wait a minute. I don’t want us to be boxed in in this way. I think we should be left with a more open—knowing that we were going to figure out what the next story is—I didn’t want to in a way narrow our options.’ I wanted to open them up.

What was really most important was to leave you in that emotional space with Caesar, which is the ending of the movie that you’ve seen, and know that the future is coming, but not already be at that future. Because the moment is really about the moment that’s past. It could have been the planet of the humans and the apes, and that parting between Caesar and Malcolm is a very emotional moment to me, and I didn’t want something that distracted and became something else.

So yeah, there actually was another version of the movie, and that version never even got fully realized. We cut it late, but the effects for it weren’t realized for it either.”

Source

I was pretty surprised with Dawn (in a good way). I loved Rise but wasn't sure how the apes would go from just a little group like that to a bigger threat. What do you think the chance are that they will show more factions of apes around the country/world? I feel like unless the military is complete garbage by this point they might be able to take Caesar's gang down.