Watchmen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release Date: October 15, 2012
Price: £10.99
Buy Link: Watchmen
Note: Contains the DIRECTOR'S CUT of the movie.

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Watchmen
US/DE/CA- VC-1 18484 kbps, DTS-HD MA 5.1, Director's Cut, Extras (some are exclusive)
UK - AVC 27236 kbps, Dolby TrueHD 5.1 48/24, Director's Cut, Paramount, (Region free) (no maximum movie mode) Superior transfer.
JP/FR/UK/AU - TrueHD 5.1, Theatrical Cut, Extras, Superior transfer to US disc

I got this info from bluray.com they got a brilliant thread called
List of International BDs with Better PQ, AQ, and/or More Extras

Thanks man, but now i need to know which USA Bluray releases have better PQ and/or More Extras the international versions lol >_<

As nice as this is, Watchmen FS absolutely destroys it. No matter how many times it gets re-released, the original is still the best. It will never be beaten :scat:

Reactions: terry44
Once someone told me that my picture of 'Comandante' DVD was seen on some site of some Indonesian communist group, there was an announcement of group viewing of this movie accompanied by my picture. Could not do anything about that, but that was funny and certainly non-commercial.

just bought a copy off ebay... I loved watchmen, but i still couldnt help find it slow in parts and thought it could be cut short by over an hour at least and that was the theatrical version.

The directors cut seams to be another half hour longer or so... anyone tell me if this is extra half hour is non stop action missing from the original.... or another half hour of pure talking?

Ultra Edition (that's "Ultra" not to be confused with "Ultimate" lol)

At long last - nearly a year after saying i was gonna do it, but never gettin round to gettin all the tools needed etc, i finally made my 3 disc ultra edition :LOL:

sDsTSwO.jpg

yeah that's 3 disc ultra edition - u probably saw some other official/custom 2 disc watchmen steelbooks, but noobs always forget about "Tales of the Black Freighter" - the story-within-the-stroy which got cut from both Theatrical AND Director cuts of the film, due to the crazy ass running time with it in.

p9AjZQG.jpg

of course there's the big collectors edition from NA which has a special ultimate cut of the film in it i think, but a) its freaking expensive to import, and b) steelbooks are much much better :scat: :drool:

Gorgeous looking steelbook. It wouldn't look as nice with all those colours in the finishing that we are currently getting now.

Agree ultimate edition disc art is cool. Of course paramount uk now do clear discs not artwork discs too. Such a shame.

^^ When i was doing my conversion i noticed that even tho its clearly a spot gloss finish (characters), the "matte" background also has a sheen to it which is of higher quality than the majority of matte steelbooks coming out today :giggle:

could be my favourite play.com steelbook now :drool: :drool: :thumbs:

Reactions: Blu-devil