Welcome To The New Viva Metal Box Forum!

thanks.
i think these are very well designed cases. rather than trying to hide the plastic, this incorporates it into the design...making it look a bit more 'techy'. i like how the plastic is used to help protect edges of metal when closed and that it is a pin hinge versus a flexible hinge.
in otherwords, "me like case." (grunt)

Like others, I'm beginning to like the Viva metal box. Especially when I gotten my King's Speech (CN), Tron (AU) and Real Steel (CN), they really spent efforts in the artwork.

Embossed and nice color chosen for each release.

Reactions: MK50
Like others, I'm beginning to like the Viva metal box. Especially when I gotten my King's Speech (CN), Tron (AU) and Real Steel (CN), they really spent efforts in the artwork.

Embossed and nice color chosen for each release.

+1

Now you should get the FS one buddy :scat:

I agree, I love how sturdy they feel in your hands, and you know the hinges are not going to crack. I still love the steels though.

Is Viva Metal Box a better??? or is steelbooks still got the gold medal... I have ordered some films with Viva Metal Box. prices on them seem high????

It depends on which titles you purchased, but you won't be disappoint by any of them.
They looks great, I think they are a lot cheaper then SB but certain SB release have "crap" artwork are up for sales for less then $10 though.

Is Viva Metal Box a better??? or is steelbooks still got the gold medal... I have ordered some films with Viva Metal Box. prices on them seem high????

Reactions: sanjeebdeb

I can't tell it's better or not, but I can say that they make some progress on these nowadays that make me interest to collect them :scat:

Price seem high maybe because :
1. They have many discs, usually they include 3D, 2D, DVD, and digital copy.
2. They have exclusive artwork (Tron, King Speech, etc) that we can't find on steelbook except Real Steel Blufans that have identical artwork like Real Steel NL but as you know Blufans come with coin and limited only 1000

Reactions: sanjeebdeb
i will always be a steelbook fan over any other but i love Viva's :D

the artwork is always impressive lets hope this remains more of a hidden treasure to avoid mass producing.

I love the VMB's. Always embossed/Debossed with great artwork.
I have 12 in my collection and I prefer them to SteelBooks.

My first VMB was Real Steel (Singapore). I have since added:-

Senna (Australia)
The Muppets (USA: Best Buy Exclusive - Case Only)
Tron: Legacy (Australia)
POTC - On Stranger Tides (USA: Best Buy Exclusive - Case Only)
Cars 2 (USA: Best Buy Exclusive - Case Only)
The Lion King (USA: Best Buy Exclusive - Case Only)
The King's Speech (China)
The Incredibles (Canada: FS Exclusive)
Real Steel (China: Blufans Exclusive Ltd 1000)
John Carter (Canada: FS Exclusive)
Bambi (Canada: FS Exclusive)

Pre-Ordered:

The Avengers (Canada: FS Exclusive)
Cinderella (Canada: FS Exclusive)
Brave (Canada: FS Exclusive)

I will also be ordering when available:

Tangled (Canada: FS Exclusive)
Frankenweenie (Canada: FS Exclusive)
Lady And The Tramp (Canada: FS Exclusive) possibly cancelled.

Reactions: jbsolo and MK50