What do you Play???

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I know we got some musically talented folks in here so I was just wondering what your main instrument was and what kinda gear you use.

I've been playing drums for over 30 years. My kit is a 6 peice Tama Superstar Custom (amber fade). 8", 10", 12" 14" toms. 22" bass drum and a 14" Stewart Copeland sig. snare drum. Cymbals are all Zildjian Custom A series except my 14" Zildjian K series Hihats. 13", 14" 15" 16" 17" crashes, a 16" china and 20" Ride.

P1010166.jpg

P1010168.jpg

Nothing anymore, but I'm skilled in recording and mixing ... some mastering.

Skilled in Adobe Audition and Pro Tools and setting up home recording studios and how to get quality studio sound out of them.

I'll be picking up either a roland or a triton and an MPC within the next year or two when I find more free time. I'm going to start making insane quality beats.

I play guitar. I have a Schecter C1+ electric and an Ibanez acoustic with a Line 6 2x10 amp. I can post pics up later. I've been playing on and off now for about 8 years now.

I play gitter. For shows I primarily use my ESP LTD EC Deluxe with the blackcherry quilted maple top.. EMG 81's in the bridge, 85's in the neck... Offstage I use an ESP M255, and an assortment of Jackson's such as the Fusion edition and PS1 - Also keep a Gibson Epiphone acoustic handy for clean scratch tracks in the studio with the Fender Walnut acoustic pickup.

I play through a Lee Jackson XLS-1000 tied to a Marshall 1960A 4x12 which currently have the standard celestian G12T-75 speakers. Proudly, my guitar tone eats most guitar tones alive. I <3 my guitar rig. Sadly, to retube it takes 5 preamp tubes and 4 power tubes. So it's expensive upkeep when it needs it.

Hopefully I'll have some sounds for you all to listen to soon.. we go into the studio February 10th and I'm pumped about our material.

Here is a smokey bar shot of my esp LTD deluxe with my leejackson+cab combo behind me. This was from our club-wars semi-final we advanced from.

smokey.jpg

9voltjunkie.com - currently will redirect to our myspace, but there's more pics there if you're curious

I've been playing for about 14 years

BTW glenn-bob, what kind of wood are those shells? That's a really nice kit!

Last edited:
lol i dont play anything,my stepson does though.

This is a video they made for video class,he is the one playing guitar

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wzaCQNor0Tw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wzaCQNor0Tw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Q: What's the definition of a minor second?
A: Two flutes playing a unison.

DONE

:hilarious:

why do flute players put their cases on the dashboard?

so they can park in the handicapped zone.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... you say you used to play flute... poor bighorns...

What's the perfect pitch of a flute?
-If you can get it into the toilet without hitting the rim.

How do you get two flutes to play in unison?
-Shoot one.

What's the difference between a flute and a chainsaw?
-You can tune a chainsaw.

And just to make it all fair...
What's the difference between a bari sax and a chainsaw?
-The exhaust

What's the perfect pitch of a flute?
-If you can get it into the toilet without hitting the rim.

How do you get two flutes to play in unison?
-Shoot one.

What's the difference between a flute and a chainsaw?
-You can tune a chainsaw.

And just to make it all fair...
What's the difference between a bari sax and a chainsaw?
-The exhaust

:hilarious::hilarious: ..... wait :twisted:
Just shows how much talent ya have to have to actually play a flute well! :p