What Is Your Favorite Metal Band?

It's been Opeth, for years now. Psycroptic being a very close second. Both of these bands made significant impact on me when i was much younger, and i have stuck with them since.

Old School top 5:
Black Sabbath, Anthrax, Pantera, Guns-N-Roses, Nothingface

Newer Top 5:
Polkadot Cadaver, Baroness, The Sword, Vampire Mooose, Machine Head

Last edited:
I was a real metal head in the 90's (before I went all deep/prog/tribal underground house) and used to meet a lot of metal bands when I was younger. We were hanging outside where they was playing and trying to get our records signed. This was all in the early/mid 90's:

Machine Head (really cool guys, let us in for soundcheck and spent the whole day with them)

Type O Negative (RIP Peter Steele)

Beastie Boys (two nice guys and one ********. RIP MCA)

Sepultura (super friendly guys, also met Max Cavalera's wife and their little kid)

Mike Patton (on two different occasions, with Faith No More & Mr.Bungle)

Primus

Dog Eat Dog (met them two years in a row, the vocalist recognized me from the year before)

Carcass

Paradise Lost (support for Sepultura, Nick Holmes, the vocalist asked me if I had some weed :naughty: )

Biohazard (awesome guys, showed them around Oslo the whole day)

Metallica (let us in to their hotel)

Therapy? (got my green vinyl of Troublegum signed)

Downset

I'm sure I've forgotten somebody. :)

I have a playlist on spotify (it's not complete) with lots of my favourite metal bands/songs, feel free to subscribe:

http://open.spotify.com/user/spass/playlist/6t5aX03aIb7347vvmEmOhZ

Last edited:
I was a real metal head in the 90's (before I went all deep/prog/tribal underground house) and used to meet a lot of metal bands when I was younger. We were hanging outside where they was playing and trying to get our records signed. This was all in the early/mid 90's:

Machine Head (really cool guys, let us in for soundcheck and spent the whole day with them)

Type O Negative (RIP Peter Steele)

Beastie Boys (two nice guys and one ********. RIP MCA)

Sepultura (super friendly guys, also met Max Cavalera's wife and their little kid)

Mike Patton (on two different occasions, with Faith No More & Mr.Bungle)

Primus

Dog Eat Dog (met them two years in a row, the vocalist recognized me from the year before)

Carcass

Paradise Lost (support for Sepultura, Nick Holmes, the vocalist asked me if I had some weed :naughty: )

Biohazard (awesome guys, showed them around Oslo the whole day)

Metallica (let us in to their hotel)

Therapy? (got my green vinyl of Troublegum signed)

Downset

I'm sure I've forgotten somebody. :)

I have a playlist on spotify (it's not complete) with lots of my favourite metal bands/songs, feel free to subscribe:

http://open.spotify.com/user/spass/playlist/6t5aX03aIb7347vvmEmOhZ

Cool story, bro. Except, not in a sarcastic way! :thumbs:

Reactions: spass
My favorite would have to be Opeth but I also love the following bands:

Metallica
Black Sabbath
Mastodon
Tool
Pantera
Trivium
System Of A Down
Slayer
Deftones
Flyleaf
Megadeth
Motorhead
Slipknot

Opeth - The Moor (Live)

Mastodon - Black Tongue

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang one feels a tad olde... :hilarious:
I started this life when heavy metal was a single genre and the options were 'love it' or '**** off'. :scat:

Onwards. The heavy end of my rock 'n' roll:

Motorhead
5FDP
Black Water Rising

Honourable mentions to:

Woods of Ypres
A Pale Horse Named Death

Single definitive album honours:

Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage - because after being a rocker for nearly four decades, this one album does what hundreds of bands have tried (and still try) to do. Give up. It's done. :D