What is your personal "grail" Steelbook?

jcm

Premium Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
I know in collecting many of us have personal "grails" and I was wondering what yours were. They don't have to be rare or expensive, just that item you had to have. Looking at my collection I know mine aren't the most expensive in my collection but I had to have these with no intention of ever selling.

The Dark Knight Korea (great movie and looks awesome)
POTC the Curse of the Black Pearl (got me started collecting SBs)
John Carter Future Shop VMB (IMO one of the best looking VMBs and underrated film)
Jurassic Park JB Hi Fi (my favorite movie and didnt want a trilogy Steel)

What are yours? Try to limit to 5 or less

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by a moderator:
Thor JP, but everyone already knows that. I'll say Captain America JP makes the list for me too as they go perfectly together.

I also have to include my HP FS set with case as they're unique, beautiful, and got me into collecting.

Reactions: jcm and rodtp
Mine our Hunger games district 12- I love the emboss, iron man play.com - colours are so great and was the first marvel steel I got & newly released roger rabbit. Steel has everything great colours deboss & emboss on back & front and great inside art.

Reactions: jcm
Well,okay,my List:

1: Titanic (lenticular Steel)- Colours of the Cover match perfect:thumbs:

2: Lawless (UK) - the Bullet Holes are unique

3: Looper (French Edition) - the lenticular Effect is awesome

4: Thor :thumbs:

5: Forrest Gump (Play.com) - inside Artwork is perfect :D

:scat:

My holy grail is Romeo+Juliet IronPack. Don't think I'll get it any time soon because of the price it commands but I hope to one day own it and have it as part of my collection.

Wall-E Future Shop :drool:

Crysis 2 Nano Edition France :drool:

hah I also love the Wall-E steelbook, very simple and clean and the back cover is just awesome :drool:

I'd say as a long time collector of FS steelbooks (only recently got into international Steelbooks thanks to this great forum haha) most of my 'grail' items are FS releases that I probably could never part with because either I love the Steelbook or I love the movie and especially both!

- The Dark Knight FS (my first blu-ray Steelbook)
- All the Avengers Steelbooks (lifelong fan of Marvel!)
- The Incredibles VMB (great case for my favorite Pixar Movie!)

Right now, I'd have to say HP 7.1

Being Canadian makes it even worse.. kept telling myself I'd pick it up next week, Then poof... all gone. Had the chance to get one for $75 a year ago but thought it was too much. Now it's gonna cost me double that unless I get really lucky at a pawn shop..

Any that actually arrive in 'NEW' condition (which is not a lot these days...).

To answer seriously:
Inception (German 1st print)
Iron Man (Play.com)
Harry Potter 1-8 (Futureshop editions)

My very first steelbook, Todd McFarlane's Spawn 10th Anniversary Signature Edition (DVD).