What SteelBook do you REGRET not getting?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Share!

This should be about steels you had a chance to get at release, but didnt for one reason or another. It's not about a brand new collector, who wasn't around for a release just regretting that. However, you can share that you regret not getting into them earlier if you are a new collector. :D

Maybe you own it now, but regret passing it up at release and paying more $$$ for it later etc.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The obvious ones for myself are Iron Man FS, Inglorious Basterds 1st release FS & Gladiator Aussie steel slipcase. Somehow still managed to get these after the fact.

Other ones that I missed at release and regretted.... Wolverine FR, The Book of Eli FS, Transformers 2 FS, Prince of Persia IP FS, Zombieland GER, Transformers 1 GER 1st release. I have all of them now except Wolverine France which Im still hunting for at the moment :(

Japanese steels, zombieland for sure, wanted, and transformers 2 from FS. jurassic media market And the back to the future ones about to come out. This thread makes me sad... :(

Chinese Independence Day
Canadian Memento
French Shutter Island

I'm sure there are plenty more that I would have liked to have got on release.

I regret getting in on foreign steels...concentrated on Canadian releases when I started but never got into the foreign release until a few months after...now I'm catching up...but part of the fun is the hunt...

I regret not getting T2, Dark Knight and Smokin' Aces metal slips. Back then I wasn't into collecting, had no thought of them actually being a collectable item and just thought to myself "I'm not paying that much extra for the movie" and purchased the amaray...

DOH!

Wolverine and Iron-Man..had both of these in my hands when they were available and put them both back on the shelf. I won't be making that mistake again.

shelf? We didnt get either of those released in the USA. :wtf:

i regret getting into steelbooks to late :angry:

+1 bigtime :(

I'll regret not getting Breaking Dawn for the wife if they don't restock them soon. Can't believe I'll miss out on my first in-store steelbook purchase...and I live friggin 7 minutes away from 2 best Buys. Never thought it would have been oos a day later. Lesson learned!

i regret getting into steelbooks to late :angry:

Same here!

Would have gotten Iron Man back in 2008 now considered the grand pubah of all Steelbooks :)

Also would have known about 1408 Zimmer and Germany's The Mist at the time

I can't complain too much because lots of lovely steelbooks have been released since 2009 as well :drool:

shelf? We didnt get either of those released in the USA. :wtf:

TARGET Iron Man Metal Case maybe???

But Wolverine...

I regret that i bought 2 of the TARGET Clone Wars Steelbooks (or MetalPaks) back then and sold them cheap on eBay as i was not able to watch them back then (region A!) and was not interested in Steels back then :angry:

Iron Man 2 Taiwanese release, I picked the HK and Korean releases over it back then because I was not into those mini slips with the Chinese text on the cover... but now I want those. :D