What was your biggest 'steal' Steelbook™-wise? (and yes the pun is intended)

biscuitnoir

Steels/Slips/Cookies
Premium Supporter
Aug 21, 2011
Montreal, QC, Canada
Ok guys!

So we have threads for:

- which steel you're waiting for in the mail;

- the rarest steels and such;

- most expensive one.

I think we needed another thread where you can tell the world about the greatest deal you've had for a steel. Could be a rare one or a special promotion or an item found in a pawn shop, anything.

Alright, go nuts and amaze us with your deals so we can be all jealous of you :joy:

Iron Man CA Steel sealed 200 € :scat:
John Rambo Ama.de Steel sealed 300 €
Gladiator Steelcase 13 €
A-Team CN Ironpack sealed 40 €

Same old story for me that I have told before..
Ordered the 3 disc plastic case of star trek blu ray second hand off ebay (with stock photo on listing) for a friend for less than £10, and the limited play.com steelbook arrived in mint condition. Love this story as I had just sold mine a few months earlier when I was skint so worked out well in the end. Neeedles to say I did not give this to my friend lol

Someone was unloading their collection on another forum, and I was able to snag Iron Man CA open/mint for $60.

I also traded The Town + Beauty and the Beast for a copy of Independence Day (error version). It seemed fair at the time, but when I look back at it, I feel I got a really good deal. Especially seeing as it sold for $360 shipped today on ebay.

Iron Man CA Steel sealed 200 € :scat:
John Rambo Ama.de Steel sealed 300 €
Gladiator Steelcase 13 €
A-Team CN Ironpack sealed 40 €

hey Kris you call JR and IM a steal??!??

The Gladiator is def a steal with only 13 Euros....

Take care
John

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Someone was unloading their collection on another forum, and I was able to snag Iron Man CA open/mint for $60.

I also traded The Town + Beauty and the Beast for a copy of Independence Day (error version). It seemed fair at the time, but when I look back at it, I feel I got a really good deal. Especially seeing as it sold for $360 shipped today on ebay.

rob what sold for that Independence Day??? EEK!EEK!

John

rob what sold for that Independence Day??? EEK!EEK!

John

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150756561336?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Mine isn't as epic as everyone else's but it's what got me started in this expensive hobby. All Resident Evils Walmart Exclusives (minus Afterlife) for $8.00.

That's pretty good, you got all 4 for $8? Not bad for $2 each.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

$29.99 for Future Shop Iron Man sealed ;)

Ha ha, that doesn't count! I wish I was collecting back then, though.

A-Team IP for retail price from amazon.
Romeo and Juliet Retail price from Andy!!!
Moulin Rouge Retail from Andy!!!
ID4 Error version $125
T2 Version 2 from Crashkelly for $120
Traded Salt BB for Zombieland. Thanks Che!!!

Thats just a sample.

Biggest Steal: traded a CD that had no monetary value for Iron Man FutreShop Steel At the time, Iron Man was probably only valued around $60 tho.