What was your first SteelBook™?

felix_champs

Premium Supporter
Jan 29, 2011
Montreal
]Hi, just for fun what is the first metal or Steelbook you bought and how much.

Pics would be a plus

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, got DIE ANOTHER DAY a week after launch and was not sure what a steelbook was but I'm a die-hard Bond fan. Got home, opened it and fell in love with steels ever since. The following day I went back to Best Buy and picked up Dr. NO (still sealed as I had an amaray)

JyV8kS.jpg

HKlCzx.jpg

I've only just discovered steelbooks a couple of weeks ago and have made it my new mission in life to get all the favorite films on steelbook ha! Already i'm pretty obsessed. The first purchase I made was the Star Wars original trilogy as its my favorite franchise, and my first pre-order was Divergent. The collection has grown to 26 steelbooks already with a bunch of Zavvi ones on pre-order too ha! Clearly obsessed!

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Kill Bill from Best Buy for me. One my favorite movies ever. I already had the normal version and had never really paid attention to steelbooks but I bought because it was only $15. After actually opening it and holding it I saw why people liked them so much and realized I had been missing out.

Origionaly bought the first 3 Resident Evil films on Wal-Mart exclusive steelbook for $8 a piece. They sat around unopened for a year or two before I dug them out in November of 2013. Since then I have been collecting these gems and have around 55 movies in my collection.

I believe my first ever steelbook was for the game Hitman Blood Money on PS2, which was released back in 2006 and started my obsession with them, so almost 10 years of steelbook collecting now! I had quite a lot of DVD steelbooks too, most of which I sold when Blu-ray came around... although I still have a few boxed away somewhere, so it'll be cool to dig them out at some point and see how the quality compares to the newer ones. I can't remember my first BD steelbook, although I think the Gladiator steel above may have been one of them!

Here's what my first steel looked like anyway... the days of printed logos and info on the back (and not to mention the fact they were G1). :vomit::p

1.jpg

Reactions: Bruckle