What's the best way to stay on top of the latest SteelBook releases and not miss out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
As the subject implies, I constantly find myself missing out on new releases and great deals only to find out later about them and they are either at a higher price or sold out and they're being scalped...

I realize how this might sound for some but short of constantly monitoring this site and others, how do you fellas do it?

Last edited:
Well like everyone has said just keep an eye on HDN. And when checking the threads look to see how limited qty is available.

- Any steel with a print run of 4000 or less is what you really want to keep on close watch.

- To be safe just put in an pre-order for all the steels you really want and dont wait.

- If its a Disney title, Blufans, ES exclusive, KimchiDVD, or a marvel avengers movie always pre order as soon as possible. These are the highly sought after types.

- If you read a post that states there are only a certain qty left to order you might want to pick it up if you have the funds to. When they sell out they can be used as trading chips for the steels that you did miss out on.

There are more tips but thats all I could think of atm. Hope these tips can help out:thumbs:

Reactions: IRON MAN
www.hidefninja.com .... There is no other way. Usually someone from the mod team or otherwise are pretty good about posting in the release thread that the title is about to sell out. That's your cue to put in a pre-order if you dont wanna' miss out. Other then that follow what nkb32 said above. Use your common sense to gauge which releases seem to have a lot of buzz or hype around them. There likely to be gone within hours of pre-order link going live.

I do think the Zavvi OTT steelbooks over the next 4 months is going to curb a lot of steelbook buying as there are simply too many coming out so people are going to be a lot more fuzzy on the titles they want. Some like The Wicker Man and Jungle Book are a guaranteed 100% sell out but a lot of the others you'll be able to get months down the line with virtually no price increase.
Do you see The Sixth Sense of Olympus has fallen selling out. No I don't or Planet of the Apes (1968).
You can pretty much gauge which ones are going to go quickly..... It also doesn't help if they are simply releasing old masters in a steelbook. That doesn't go down too well with the fans.

better subscribe to the steelbook thread to get all the latest news...:thumbs:

Yeah done that already ;) , was secretly hoping for more insights :cool:

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

The only way to truely keep updated is to live on this site. It was worked pretty well for me so far, in Steelbook terms of course :hilarious:

My wife will disagree with you if I were to do the same :hilarious:

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Well like everyone has said just keep an eye on HDN. And when checking the threads look to see how limited qty is available.

- Any steel with a print run of 4000 or less is what you really want to keep on close watch.

- To be safe just put in an pre-order for all the steels you really want and dont wait.

- If its a Disney title, Blufans, ES exclusive, KimchiDVD, or a marvel avengers movie always pre order as soon as possible. These are the highly sought after types.

- If you read a post that states there are only a certain qty left to order you might want to pick it up if you have the funds to. When they sell out they can be used as trading chips for the steels that you did miss out on.

There are more tips but thats all I could think of atm. Hope these tips can help out:thumbs:

They indeed do help, thank you! :)

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

www.hidefninja.com .... There is no other way. Usually someone from the mod team or otherwise are pretty good about posting in the release thread that the title is about to sell out. That's your cue to put in a pre-order if you dont wanna' miss out. Other then that follow what nkb32 said above. Use your common sense to gauge which releases seem to have a lot of buzz or hype around them. There likely to be gone within hours of pre-order link going live.

Got it, thank you too :)

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

This is huge:
http://hidefninja.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6904

Also, I am a frequent user of Amazon.
I use US, CAN, UK, GERMANY and I often check Japan, Italy, etc.
If you use Google chrome it auto translates for you.

While I am there I type: Steelbook Bluray into search.
I also do that for Zavvi.com and Futureshop.ca

Hope that helps! =)

Oh yeah I do the same whenever I can and no need for translation when it comes to amazon, the layout is always the same, so I follow that :)
Futureshop is the only pain since they don't ship outside of Canada but I guess that's one of the instances when GB come in handy... Thanks...

I use the Red highlighted and underlined flashy bit at the top of the page.

Also put the little Hi Def Ninja box at the very top on the start of the web page thing .

Favourite bar list thing. So once logged in zap over and hit new posts :D .

Another tip... buy a Ninja Premium Membership... there are perks there that will help you keep on top of things steelbook wise.

I'll keep that in mind SOD, where can I read about those perks please? Did a quick search and it came up empty... Cheers :)

I'll keep that in mind SOD, where can I read about those perks please? Did a quick search and it came up empty... Cheers :)

Here

It's a lifetime membership that costs $25, and the perks are listed below.

*Early Access to Site Betas* New features etc.
Custom User Title
Unique Site Award that shows in your PostBit
2000 PM box (Normal is 150)
Access to Ninja Member Private Board.
Eligible for frequent Contests & Give-aways held on Private Board. (better odds of winning) Over 100 steelbooks given away to date!
Early Info on Site Happenings etc. on Private Board.
"Ninja" backdrop in your postbit that shows on every post you make.
Can Delete User Messages on his/her profile.
Can Send PM to 8 people at once (Normal members can send to 3)
Slightly Bigger Avatar size limit.
Can upload up to 500 pics at the moment instead of 100 in personal profile album.
Can Search your PM box with a more intuitive search function!
There's typically always a member hosting a give-away as well!
Ninja's offload their codes to betas, digital copies, ultraviolet and other things there regularly.
Above all, respect and appreciation as we continue to make this a great site and a place to have fun. Your funds help the site!
EXCLUSIVE FREQUENT GIVE-AWAYS!

Here

It's a lifetime membership that costs $25, and the perks are listed below.

*Early Access to Site Betas* New features etc.
Custom User Title
Unique Site Award that shows in your PostBit
2000 PM box (Normal is 150)
Access to Ninja Member Private Board.
Eligible for frequent Contests & Give-aways held on Private Board. (better odds of winning) Over 100 steelbooks given away to date!
Early Info on Site Happenings etc. on Private Board.
"Ninja" backdrop in your postbit that shows on every post you make.
Can Delete User Messages on his/her profile.
Can Send PM to 8 people at once (Normal members can send to 3)
Slightly Bigger Avatar size limit.
Can upload up to 500 pics at the moment instead of 100 in personal profile album.
Can Search your PM box with a more intuitive search function!
There's typically always a member hosting a give-away as well!
Ninja's offload their codes to betas, digital copies, ultraviolet and other things there regularly.
Above all, respect and appreciation as we continue to make this a great site and a place to have fun. Your funds help the site!
EXCLUSIVE FREQUENT GIVE-AWAYS!

Great! Thanks!

Or just buy everything and hide CC and other related stuff away from the wife or G/F and stash all multiple copy's of steelbooks away in draws so they can't be found .. I found the best way is just to pre-order everything and decide later if you want to cancel or keep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.