Where To Get a HDN 'Gold Coin' and Where To Post My Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metasyntactic

Tetragrammaton
Premium Supporter
Morning all,

Just a quick couple of questions.

I see people adding a rather shiny gold coin to their photos of collections etc – where do I get one of these?

Secondly, I'm planning on photographing my entire collection once I've painstakingly added protective slip covers etc… but once I have these photos (100+) where do I post them --- wheres the “Here’s my collection” section – or do I just add them as a post to an ongoing thread.

PS Whats the image limit per post?

Morning all,

Just a quick couple of questions.

I see people adding a rather shiny gold coin to their photos of collections etc – where do I get one of these?

Secondly, I'm planning on photographing my entire collection once I've painstakingly added protective slip covers etc… but once I have these photos (100+) where do I post them --- wheres the “Here’s my collection” section – or do I just add them as a post to an ongoing thread.

PS Whats the image limit per post?

What I dont know first how meny images I have no idea :bored:.

Thire is a collection manager you need a pc for that I have one but again no idea :sour: .

What I may be able to help with is

They need going in community collection under witchever header G.O.T , Iron Man , Blufans :giggle:.

The gold coins where a one off 100 of them and I like others won them , verious competitons , nominations hard work or shear blind luck. The gold star under my name is the icon for those of us who have a coin OR Medles at the top Community Leader :oohyeah:.

Weather anyone will trade , sell I have no idea MINE IS MY PRESOUS Kept Secret Kept safe :notworthy: :kiss:.

Other coins are on thire way though think Ninja Week i think here is the link :thumbs:

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/new-hdn-challenge-coins-are-coming.59786/

boy oh boy IT IS NOTHING BUT ****ING AWSOMENESS rolled up in another leavle of ****ING MEGA AWSOME :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :hilarious: :hilarious: WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPP WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPP :kiss: :kiss: .

As @Scary Hair said we have a section for Community Collections. These are split up into different parts and you can win icon awards if enough people like your collection and thank it. For general Collections you can create your own thread and put everything in there. Your pictures will probably be best If you kept them in your own media album. You have your own media section on the forum and you can upload them and keep track of them there.
The gold challenge coins were given away on Ninja week and other competitions. There aren't any of them left as far as i know. You may have a chance to get hold of future challenge coins though if you keep a look out on the forum!:)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Metasyntactic
Thank you @Scary Hair and @Sigill

Will have to see what I can do about winning a coin this time round.

I saw the collections for Iron Man, etc but obviously, mine doesnt have a theme. Its mostly UK, but theres some imports thrown in - so ill have to make a generic thread. Ill upload to my personal HDN/media account - then I think, I can just insert them from the menu style thing when posting.

Will have to be a trial and error to find out how many I can put in each post - but ill try and input them as a thumbnail rather than full size.

Ill probably be taking them with my DLR, rather than my phone.

As for members thanking it... Not sure about that. Would be nice just to share - and the exercise of photographing them (and painstakingly building the sleeves to put them in) needs to be done really. Would be insightful more than rewarding :D But hope people like it.

Would be interesting to find out my final steel count... And I bet I could even ball park a 'Money Spent' based on that.

Which might make me cry.

Thank you @Scary Hair and @Sigill

Will have to see what I can do about winning a coin this time round.

I saw the collections for Iron Man, etc but obviously, mine doesnt have a theme. Its mostly UK, but theres some imports thrown in - so ill have to make a generic thread. Ill upload to my personal HDN/media account - then I think, I can just insert them from the menu style thing when posting.

Will have to be a trial and error to find out how many I can put in each post - but ill try and input them as a thumbnail rather than full size.

Ill probably be taking them with my DLR, rather than my phone.

As for members thanking it... Not sure about that. Would be nice just to share - and the exercise of photographing them (and painstakingly building the sleeves to put them in) needs to be done really. Would be insightful more than rewarding :D But hope people like it.

Would be interesting to find out my final steel count... And I bet I could even ball park a 'Money Spent' based on that.

Which might make me cry.
You should be able to put 8 pictures in per post. You can also reserve a few posts so you have room to put all your pics in as you build up your thread. The icon awards are good, as you will see a lot of people have small badges at the side of their profiles. That is when they have posted a Collection of a certain theme and people have liked their post. It usually takes 20-30 thanks, it's worth giving it a go!:thumbs:

Last edited:
That is when they have posted a Collection of a certain theme

I dont think I have any themes... I dont tend to double up on many, I see a lot of people have 4 or 5 releases of the same movies for the nice steels etc, but the only movie I have multiples of is Scott Pilgrim - just because I love it :D

The rest will just come under 'Collection General' I reckon.

Ill see if I can detect a theme... ;)

Reactions: chunk and Sigill
I dont think I have any themes... I dont tend to double up on many, I see a lot of people have 4 or 5 releases of the same movies for the nice steels etc, but the only movie I have multiples of is Scott Pilgrim - just because I love it :D

The rest will just come under 'Collection General' I reckon.

Ill see if I can detect a theme... ;)
If its mainly uk steelbook releases you own, there are a few sections for awards you can go for eg: zavvi steelbook exclusives.. hmv steelbook exclusives to name a few. There is also the disney award which you can photograph anything disney related in your collection. . Steelbooks, dvd's, slips, lenticulars, books, figures, posters/art etc etc.. check out the award dojo and you'll get some idea's as to which awards you can go for and see what other members have posted in their own threads, to gain the Thanks needed to win their awards. Good luck, I look forward to seeing your collections. Also, on the main steelbook page, (within the sticky threads at the top)there is a thread for "post pics of your entire collection" I think hdn prefers that people keep the amont of photo down to what's needed, as these photo thread pages can take a while to load.. but if you look in that thread then you'll have an idea of how many pictures members post.
Talking of the new hdn coins, as far as I know there will be two more available to try and win during ninja week that's coming up in February, one coin you will have a chance to win by entering competitions etc and the other coin I think will be sold by hdn.. thats what I read anyway. :):):)
Heres a link to "how many steelbooks do you own" thread
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-you-own-post-pics.2012/page-164#post-1254070

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Found these on HDN's Facebook profile. I guess this is one of the new challenge coins.

ninja_coin.jpg

ninja_coin_1.jpg

ninja_coins_1.jpg

ninja_coins.jpg

• Helpful Post
Managed to get mine ordered this morning...

Just a note though, why are we all paying International Postage? Surely HDNHQ could have sent a consignment to a UK source and distributed? Or could we have had a Group Buy?

That's the ninja week coin, which I'm really excited about adding to my gold coin. I ordered the other one through the shop as well.
pNYLIo.jpg

Managed to get mine ordered this morning...

Just a note though, why are we all paying International Postage? Surely HDNHQ could have sent a consignment to a UK source and distributed? Or could we have had a Group Buy?
Shipping was only $4 for me. Once you factor in the costs of sending them to a hub and then resending them out I don't think there would be too much difference.

Reactions: vurt
Status
Not open for further replies.