• Other

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
I saw this as a topic on another forum, and thought it was a pretty good one.

With recent releases, such as

attachment.php

attachment.php

15420l.jpg

fsdisneyad.jpg

Do you think that Ironpack has closed the quality / look & feel gap with Steelbook?

Before it was a very simple question to answer: the steelbook build quality was easily a notch above the ironpacks.

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Nightowl
without question, steels are the way to go...the best format for showcasing and giving that feel of a true collectible.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Has anyone here had to re-purchase a blu ray because the steel was just TOO sick NOT to have instead?

Basically the difference between Steelbooks and Metal Packs is like the difference between Olivia Wilde (SB) and Kim Kardashian (MB) Different leagues.
Besides one looks fine from a distance, but close up there is far too much plastic visible and there are question marks about the durability.

I had Harry potter and the half blood prince in a ironpack from a distance it looks nice, but close up the build quality is poor, so I gave it away and got the Steelbook version of the movie which is by far better quality in my opinion, after that I doubt il ever get another ironpack. But saying that I do like the artwork of the terminator salvation ironpack.

I'd say Steelbooks (G2) are still the best, but I will say steels only have 1 short coming compared to Disney's new Metal Pakaging. Steels refuse to put more than 3 discs (I think they did upgrade to 4, but haven't seen one yet) in there and then they change to the crappy Jumbo Steelbook, which I'm not a fan of.

However the Disney metal paks look wonderful and will fit a lot of disks in them. If steelbooks did the same thing, it would be fantastic. Take Bambi & The Incredibles for artwork. After that I'd say ironpacks are 3rd. I have the HP, Prince of Persia and they look OK. I then bought HP steel and that looked waaay better. Just saying that it's almost a toss up between steel & Disney packaging (I lean more towards steel), but if iron was the only option left, then I would get it. Luckily Disney doesn't use them any longer and live long and prosper for the new metal paks.