Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my2cents

About the colour, it's not that rubine red and gold don't match, they do... it's generally a well tested and common color palette in luxury imagery.

I think it fails simply because that particular multicolour popping cartoon style doesn't match a golden frame at all (presuming a metallic rich gold finish) and the result has no "luxury", "anniversary" or "celebrative edition" feeling...

Even painting the whole bricks in gold don't save it.
I look to Once Upon a Time in America for a nice let's-play-with-golden-frames example and maybe images turned in b/w could be the key to make it look a bit more "precious"...

Who knows guys, maybe i use to put too much brain on steelbook arts ;)

As this is celebrating 2 years of Zavvi steelbooks, where it all began, is every steelbook Zavvi have ever released going to be re-released with a new cover, up to the present day? A repeat of the last 2 years. This has probably been asked already, but what a great moneyspinner for Zavvi. I bet if they did that, they would all still sell out all over again.

As this is celebrating 2 years of Zavvi steelbooks, where it all began, is every steelbook Zavvi have ever released going to be re-released with a new cover, up to the present day? A repeat of the last 2 years. This has probably been asked already, but what a great moneyspinner for Zavvi. I bet if they did that, they would all still sell out all over again.
No, they are only re-releasing this as this won steelbook of the year on HDN in 2013

Reactions: cheetah
I was only joking, but thanks, I did not know this won steelbook of the year.
lol, I know your post was tongue-in-cheek, but yes... amazingly Zavvi has won a Steel of the Year Award... (doubt they will again tbh)

I'm surprised Zavvi haven't put "27th Year Anniversary" on the title of this steel and used the same disc.

Reactions: cheetah