Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know the print run for this? I missed out on the original and this looks great. If the print run is quite high I may wait for a price drop

Only thing I prefer about this edition is the absence of that ugly and huge as hell 25th anniversary text. That should have either been a sticker on the plastic wrapper or left on the j-card.

Reactions: Steeler
2015 and 2013
Zavvi
Who Framed Roger Rabbit Steelbook

Funny how the sky looks to be more purple in the 25th release.

Only thing I prefer about this edition is the absence of that ugly and huge as hell 25th anniversary text. That should have either been a sticker on the plastic wrapper or left on the j-card.

Totally agreed! It's very ugly and distracting from the design.

On a side note I watched this the other night for the first time in a few years and the first time on blu-ray. Overall the transfer is pretty solid but the part where Vincent enters the club with Betty Boop/Jessica Rabbit had me reaching for the TV remote to adjust my settings as the blacks are so crushed and purple looking!

• Informative
Reactions: spawnshop
Arrived with 'New Groove' - two gold steelbooks in one delivery - that's a first for me.
This is very nice and though I quite like the original I prefer this for the following reasons:-
- Tidier title design.
- Artwork continued onto the j-card.
- Even background colouring opposed to the splodge colouring of the other.

Only one thing I'd change is the back and that would only be to shrink the image all around and continue the gold from the front and spine to frame it.

I know this one is always going to be hate on as the bastard son of the first Steelbook, and having not seen the first one in person that one might still be a better Steelbook. But I must say when this arrived I was very pleased with the final result.

The print job on it feels great, the embossing is a nice touch and the colours pop beautifully. The gold is also very good looking in hand. As someone who doesn't have the budget to spend $70+ on a single Steelbook and who missed out on the first release this is still a gorgeous addition to my collection. If the first one is a 10/10, this is still a 9/10 and at a fraction of the cost for budget-conscious collectors.

Reactions: IceManCeaser