Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not a brand new remaster, on zavvis website the 25th anniversary blu Ray amaray says the exact same thing that you posted from the huts website which is also the same thing the gold edition says.

"On Blu-ray for the first time ever, this digitally remastered edition of Who Framed Roger Rabbit practically jumps off the screen with its brilliant picture, rich sound - and dangerous curves"

It appeared on The Hut's website first, then appeared on Zavvi's site, yes. And yes, I agree it does say it.

But they cannot possibly advertise it as a brand new remaster if it isn't; the legal ramifications of such folly are not even worth contemplating.

If you believe it isn't then take it up with them - not me; that goes for you too Blusteel2012!

In other words,don't shoot the messenger pal!

Does anyone know if the inside artwork is identical to the original release?
Thanks in advance.

It is but fitted more correctly and you can see more of Roger. The inside art is the best thing because you can see more

Reactions: avenger85
that goes for you too Blusteel2012!

In other words,don't shoot the messenger pal!
They just copied and pasted the text from the original steelbook listing.

I assumed most people knew that.

The fact it says 'first time on Blu ray' was a dead giveaway!!!

This is zavvi we're talking about. False information in a description of an item is only a minor offence in comparison to the rest of what they get away with.

Reactions: levi and Kashby
They just copied and pasted the text from the original steelbook listing.

I assumed most people knew that.

The fact it says 'first time on Blu ray' was a dead giveaway!!!

This is zavvi we're talking about. False information in a description of an item is only a minor offence in comparison to the rest of what they get away with.

Are you looking for a fight? Cause brother you came to the wrong shop!

What is says is first time on blu-ray and goes on the say newly remastered all in one sentence. - I hand not read the original steelbook lisitng, nor that for the amaray - I had no reason to)
Now I'm afraid not everyone is equipped with esp, or x-ray vision or whatever it is that makes you so bloody perfect!

Now drop it, or take it up with them, as I said previously.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

If there was no original everybody would be absolutely LOVING this. As a stand alone steel this is super nice. Gold front with that awesome back cover and nice embossing and glossy finish.

However, there is an original, and it is bloody fantastic in it's own right. Personally I think the red is more striking and fits with the back cover much better. The original is better, but this new gold one is by no means a lame steelbook. It's just that... well, it's just not necessary. It really is a cash grab and I think a lot of people are not excited about that truth because the steelbook market works best when limited editions remain limited.

This is so insanely similar to the red one that it just doesn't feel like a properly warranted release. For that reason, I cancelled my order of this before it shipped as I already have the red one. :)

I Don't love it.............Gaudy and Tasteless,belongs round the neck of a Bling Bling KIng

everyone's got their own opinion, and you're entitled to yours. but honestly... gaudy? tasteless? belongs round the neck of...? I don't understand.

this is Who Framed Roger Rabbit. the artwork is appropriate. it's a nice looking steelbook. what on earth have we come to expect of blu ray packaging.

IMG_20150530_135256~2.jpg

everyone's got their own opinion, and you're entitled to yours. but honestly... gaudy? tasteless? belongs round the neck of...? I don't understand.

this is Who Framed Roger Rabbit. the artwork is appropriate. it's a nice looking steelbook. what on earth have we come to expect of blu ray packaging.

View attachment 164252

Yep,Gaudy and Tasteless....................just my opinion