Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally was NEVER under the impression that this was going to be a remastered edition. The whole intention of this release was for ZAVVI to "celebrate" it's anniversary...it had nothing to do with the movie, it was all about the steel. I think just to clear things up though, it should be added to the OP that this is NOT in fact a remastered disc, just so any other curious collectors don't get the wrong idea. :thumbs:

I personally was NEVER under the impression that this was going to be a remastered edition. The whole intention of this release was for ZAVVI to "celebrate" it's anniversary...it had nothing to do with the movie, it was all about the steel. I think just to clear things up though, it should be added to the OP that this is NOT in fact a remastered disc, just so any other curious collectors don't get the wrong idea. :thumbs:
It doesn't help when there are others posting false information about this, then blaming Zavvi for it when they end up with egg on their face (and resort to childish name calling and confrontation).

It wasn't Zavvi that posted it in these pages.

I think it's ridiculous to re-release it, it's a big F You to the people who purchased the first… but fortunately for me, I didn't have it, so was able to get this one for my girlfriend for an OK price, but if I was in the group of people who had the original, I'd feel quite bitter towards Zavvi for this stunt, so I totally get the hate this one is getting. It's criminal really, if you sell something as a numbered edition, you shouldn't mess with the numbers.

well, the embossing looks to be the same. and the paint looks to have an inferior finish (compare both angling in the light)
the colours on the original are richer.
but, the gold looks nice, and for anyone who didn't like the '25th aniversary' of the first release - or who missed the orginal, this is a nice alternative.

Perhaps I missed the post, but does anyone know how many there
are in this edition? The size of the print run has a huge impact on it's
Collectibility, for me anyway.
Seems to me it 's such obscure knowledge that
If I did find out a Zavvi exec would have to kil me.

Perhaps I missed the post, but does anyone know how many there
are in this edition? The size of the print run has a huge impact on it's
Collectibility, for me anyway.
Seems to me it 's such obscure knowledge that
If I did find out a Zavvi exec would have to kil me.

Zavvi haven't confirmed the print run which could indicate it's limited to 4000 or more copies, although this is guesswork. :)

I have the red one and it's superior, but I don't think this new one is ugly by any means. A good thing about this is removing the whole 25th anniversary text

Reactions: XCII