Will Lebron Stay in Cleveland?

Lebron Staying or Leaving?

• Total voters
Apr 2, 2009
did kobe or mj go anywhere? i mean..mj didn't go anywhere when his career mattered so that doesn't count

no chance lebron goes anywhere. he is an ohio native. his family and his "posse" are all in that area. he is the biggest thing to happen to that city EVER. why would he go to NY or a big venue team where he would become just another athlete in a big city?

sometimes, theres something more important to these guys than money, and that is recognition. besides, all the peices are there in cleveland for him to win, its just a matter of time before he does.

no chance lebron goes anywhere. he is an ohio native. his family and his "posse" are all in that area. he is the biggest thing to happen to that city EVER. why would he go to NY or a big venue team where he would become just another athlete in a big city?

sometimes, theres something more important to these guys than money, and that is recognition. besides, all the peices are there in cleveland for him to win, its just a matter of time before he does.

you summed it up perfectly.

list reasons as to why he would leave a championship caliber team..that can pay him the most money

I think there is some huge chances of him leaving. He will only leave for one of the already mentioned teams (Knicks, Nets, etc.) But if he does leave, it will not be just him being this big new addition. It will be like big 3 or a big 2 and a good wing man.

There's been talks of NY enticing him by grabbing Bosh as well. Stuff like that. I dont see him joining some crappy team without the enticement of other great players going as well.

So ultimately I think .... He'll stay in Cleveland unless the $ is elsewhere + the enticement of new additions for him to work with that are bad ass basketball players as well.

with the rule changes, there's no way a team like NY can get bosh AND lebron, they can only get one. so unless lebron wants to spend another 6 years rebuilding to get a championship team, i don't see any reason why he'd leave

It would make sense for him to stay, however, he has mentioned in the past NY is where he wants to be. Even Charles Barkley called him stupid for saying it lol

It would make sense for him to stay, however, he has mentioned in the past NY is where he wants to be. Even Charles Barkley called him stupid for saying it lol

its actually pretty funny. when he's on national tv..its all business..he doesn't know what he's doing. at private local stuff..he's not going anywhere

i think its all a ploy to keep him in the spotlight, and he's going nowhere

And Cleveland can offer the most. Or are u suggesting he would somehow become a bigger star in NY? Because I don't see him being any more popular

Plenty of incentives, no way is Cleveland is more exciting than New York City, just simply no way!

He has peeps constantly persuading him (Jay-z & Spike Lee among others)

New York City still one of the biggest venues in the world.

Needless to say if he was to go the possibility of more sponsors to jump ship, meaning more money, shoe sales, jersey sales, etc. I can see him being even more popular. NY needs that star that can take them somewhere.

i can understand that argument, its close to valid. but to me..expecting lebron to jet for ny, is like expecting kobe to jet for any other city.

kobe is the lakers
lebron is the cavs

:shrug:

Then again Kobe is in Los Angeles another big venue no need to leave ;)

I can see your point though, it would tough to shape up another championship caliber team.