Wind River (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #96) [Czech Republic]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 27th, 2018 (pre-order March 15, 2018 at 20:00 CET - holders of collectible numbers will be able to pre-order 3-days in advance)
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 899 CZK (E1) - 1099 CZK (E2) - 3199 CZK (Box)
Notes: 1000 copies (E1) - 1000 copies (E2) - 500 copies (Box)
Group buy: Hosted by @carllenc - GB closes March 23, 2018

E1 | E2 | Maniac's Box
E1.jpgE2.jpg
28423340_915498281945031_3232778624109697539_o.jpg
FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #1 includes:

- Exclusive WEA single disc SteelBook (glossy and embossed)
- Exclusive FullSlip with an attractive finish
- Blu-ray disc with exclusive label
- Exclusive Lenticular Magnet (Transition Effect)
- Collectible special cards
- Exclusive photobook 32P
- Collectible character cards
- Collector's numbering card and hologram
- Exclusive sticker WIND RIVER E1

Limitation 0 - 1000
Price: 899 CZK
Start of pre-order: March 15, 2018, at 20:00 CET (Still collectible numbers will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance)

FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #2 includes:

- Exclusive WEA single disc SteelBook (glossy and embossed)
- Exclusive Lenticular 3D Front FullSlip with an attractive finish
- Blu-ray disc with exclusive label
- Collectible special cards
- Exclusive booklet 36P
- Collectible poster cards
- Collector's numbering card and hologram
- Exclusive sticker WIND RIVER E2

Limitation 0 - 1000
Price: 1099 CZK
Start of pre-order: March 15, 2018 at 20:00 CET (Still collectible numbers will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance)

FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #4 MANIACS BOX includes:

- FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #1 numbered
- FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #2 numbered
- FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #3 SteelBook with Jcard numbered.
- SMALL COLLECTIBLE BOX with EXCLUSIVE COLLECTIBLE BADGE of WIND RIVER TRIBAL POLICE CHIEF in COLLECTOR'S CASSETTE.

Limitation 0 - 500
Price: 3199 CZK
Start of pre-order: March 15, 2018, at 20:00 CET (Still collectible numbers will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance)

Collectible badge:
28872962_1740709029379399_3963364677940936704_n.jpg
27067160_1679757208807915_6976302271478816077_n.jpg2.jpg

Old design:
1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very poor choice of artworks, too colorful it doesn´t suits the movie at all, front look so amateurish similar to that last big wave of Walmart steelbooks lol. Really ugly steelbook and easy pass, Kimchi is much better.

And to the spoileric back side, it really is a spoiler, not big, but not small either. You will realise that on the beginning of this scene and maybe even some time before....

Big let down, FA should concentrate to Aliens and Apes WEA line instead....

I wish people would stop elaborating on the back spoiler.

Maybe if you've seen the movie already, yes.

Having not seen it yet the back cover means nothing to me. But now I feel it's being pushed in my face and too much info being given out.....

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
I wish people would stop elaborating on the back spoiler.

Maybe if you've seen the movie already, yes.

Having not seen it yet the back cover means nothing to me. But now I feel it's being pushed in my face and too much info being given out.....
Having seen the movie three times, I'll preface this by saying that, yeah, it's kind of a spoiler, but with no prior knowledge it isn't a spoiler at all. Only people who've seen the movie all the way through would think it's a spoiler. The image just shows law enforcement people with guns being pointed. It is a murder mystery movie, after all, so I wouldn't worry about it. Nothing is spoiled, though I do think they shouldn't have included that art.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I just need to add my $0.02 that this is absolutely awful artwork. This looks like a dollar store knockoff of a crappy zero budget action thriller. Wind River is a beautifully shot, deep, thought-provoking movie with fantastic acting and dialogue. I have zero idea why the studio would ever release a poster like that, and I have no idea why a steelbook retailer would choose it for its front artwork.

Steelbook = crap / laughably bad.
Back to the drawing board boyos!
upload_2018-1-24_18-24-35.png
upload_2018-1-24_18-25-21.png

. . . with the best artwork so far on the Kimchi DVD steelbook ruined by the front image being too far to the right cutting off the muzzle and foresight which despite the 'scope should be there.

upload_2018-1-24_19-2-44.png

Could be saved as a package however by these great poster images on the slips:-

front ....................................................................... and back --------------------- / ------------------------------------front ......................................and back or reversed.
upload_2018-1-24_18-40-54.png
upload_2018-1-24_18-41-36.png
/
wind-river-poster-2-f.jpg

In truth hardly any worse than the French example which at least has a decent panoramic view as inside art:-
comment_88732_attachment_images_1.jpg
comment_88732_attachment_images_2.jpg
comment_88581_attachment_images_1.jpg

Last edited:
Having seen the movie three times, I'll preface this by saying that, yeah, it's kind of a spoiler, but with no prior knowledge it isn't a spoiler at all. Only people who've seen the movie all the way through would think it's a spoiler. The image just shows law enforcement people with guns being pointed. It is a murder mystery movie, after all, so I wouldn't worry about it. Nothing is spoiled, though I do think they shouldn't have included that art.

like @Hereticz said, it might not be a spoiler now, but at the begining of the scene or even before during the movie, it will turn into a spoiler unless if you are smart enough :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
I may be biased because lately FAC has lost many points in my book. I have to say though that this seems a really poor effort. 15 minutes pc-work, oversaturating colours and photoshopping some figures on front and back. Oh, and adding a random quote to give a sense of thoughtfulness. Sbam, here you have your WEA! No real interest in capturing the film with art, no sense of a bit of investigation, not at all. Hopefully they will reconsider and change this poor thing