[Winner-Chosen] BigBlizz' DO IT FOR THE ANIMALS

BigBlizz

BANNED
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Van-City
Here is the second giveaway I'm going today. It's for a sealed copy of JUNGLE BOOK, perfect SB for to giveaway for this. it does have a spine slash on it, but other than that it's mint. Giveaway will close October 28th.

To enter, I would like you to post a pic of you donating (either cash, food, blankets or your time) to your local animal shelter. Donations can be food (cat/dog, treats (cat/dog) toys, blankets, towels, money or your time (walking the dogs or help around the shelter) and thank this post. I will pay ground shipping for this item, if you would like air, you would pay the difference.

if you would like to enter via donation, here's where you can send it [email protected]. If you do donate pleas put BigBlizz donation in the subject

My wife and I have 2 rescue pups and volunteer our time and donate to our local shelter.

News story of what happened on thurs night/friday morning at 2 of the shelters close to me. Watch

Here is Chancho (black) & Chola (brown) showcasing the prize
jb.jpg

ENTRIES (thank you)

1 - dvdjunkie
2 - SBC28
3 - Kuzco
4 - Petit Lu
5 - Asopp
6 - elverange
7 - jaws finatic
8 - villadelfigio
9 - davidson
10 - Nyrvana

Last edited by a moderator:
Doh! I just gave three boxes of things to our local PDSA and I even gift aided it too! No pictures taken sadly! Lol

P.S. Our two cats were adopted from one of their shelters called Llys Nini.

Here they are when we brought them home. They have grown a little since then and are now 4.

6040_208584085061_5482123_n.jpg

My choice - calm and cute.
183788_10150390719605062_4766838_n.jpg

This one is harder to get a good photo of being black!
13545_306055745061_8285420_n.jpg

Last edited:
Doh! I just gave three boxes of things to our local PDSA and I even gift aided it too! No pictures taken sadly! Lol

P.S. Our two cats were adopted from one of their shelters called Llys Nini.

No worries, ill add you to the list. Post a pic of your cats

Well then, now i wish i had taken a picture of all the animals that come through here. :D

We live in a very small town, right in the country. The only animal shelter i'd consider actually bringing an animal to is the Houston SPCA, but that's about 2 hours away. We have a decent size home sitting on a lot of land, and about two years ago we decided to start taking in animals people don't "want" anymore. A lot of them were domestic animals, and moved on to a better place with a new family. However, i have even had emus and wallabies running around in my back yard, for they belonged to an old couple who couldn't take care of them anymore.

I haven't actually donated to the SPCA in a while, but i have spent my fair share of time, work and money in making an effort to provide comfort for neglected animals in my area. God knows a lot of people just don't care, so we feel it's the right thing to do. I don't have any pictures of any animals right now, so i understand if that disqualifies me - i just felt like sharing my story, given the nature of your Give-Away.

Well then, now i wish i had taken a picture of all the animals that come through here. :D

We live in a very small town, right in the country. The only animal shelter i'd consider actually bringing an animal to is the Houston SPCA, but that's about 2 hours away. We have a decent size home sitting on a lot of land, and about two years ago we decided to start taking in animals people don't "want" anymore. A lot of them were domestic animals, and moved on to a better place with a new family. However, i have even had emus and wallabies running around in my back yard, for they belonged to an old couple who couldn't take care of them anymore.

I haven't actually donated to the SPCA in a while, but i have spent my fair share of time, work and money in making an effort to provide comfort for neglected animals in my area. God knows a lot of people just don't care, so we feel it's the right thing to do. I don't have any pictures of any animals right now, so i understand if that disqualifies me - i just felt like sharing my story, given the nature of your Give-Away.

Very nice of you, do you ANY pics at all to post?

Reactions: SBC28
I'm not much of a camera guy. I honestly never have been. I'd like to be included in this Give-Away, so i'll try to find something. No promises, though.

Reactions: BigBlizz
This is a soft spot for me... Me and my boyfriend love animals, and we can't stand people who abandon their pets during the summer or when they are too old.
We do not volonteer for the moment at our local SPA, but our 2 cats come from there. We prefer to save animals from this place and a quasi certain death, than from buying them in a shop or from people.
So I don't know if it qualifies me for the giveaway but it's not really important. I just want to introduce you my 2 beauties:

Luna, the red one, is quite old. We found her a few months ago. She has diabete and had tumors removed a few weeks ago. She is now fine, except for her shotsof insuline twice a day :)
Hera, the little one, is one yo, and we took her out of the SPA. She is going to have a little sister in january, when we come back from our holidays, that we will find at the SPA too.

Here is my rescue cat Elvis Presley
20130901_135411.jpg

Sorry no pictures of the shelter but hope this helps even a little. This 4 legged houndcat :D was found when it was few weeks old and i just had to adopt him (i mean just look at that face) And the name comes from because he acts like hes the king of the house + i am huge fan of Elvis Presley :D
Oh and thanks for the giveaway.

Last edited by a moderator:
bump for a good cause. I give you major props for this :scat:
please dont include me in the giveaway as i just wanted to pop in and let you know how awesome this is and everyone else who supports in the humanity of any animals.

I personally love animals and work as a dog trainer privately and under Petco and its such an important aspect in the care of any animal that education is also included. We have so many animals on the streets, humane society and being euthanize everyday across the globe that we all need to spread the message of the well being of these living, and beautiful pets.

Reactions: spass and BigBlizz
my wife and i spend our lives taking care of unwanted pets.

our first cat, abbey, was a stray who lived in miami. my wife and i lived in millbury, massachusetts. abbey had a terrible habit of running into the middle of the street, rolling over, and showing her belly, whenever my sister in law came down the street. she'd literally have to stop, get out of her car and pick up abbey in order to pull in her drive. eventually abbey stayed parked at her door. my wife was down visiting and decided abbey needed to be with us. she's been our child for going on 15 years. here's a picture of her loving life:

6ota.jpg

years later....like 13 years later, we moved to maine where our lives were interupted by a little white cat with black spotting. endeared to my wife by chasing butterflies in the field across the road, and moreso when a neighbors dog was trying to catch the little thing and my wife helped it escape. little thing was starving so we put out a bowl of dry food, which it ate. it continued keeping its distance. i worried where it was living as it seemed to be stray, then one day i discovered it was living in this disgusting old rolled up garden carpet the previous owner had left in a back portion of the property. i saw its little head sticking thru a hole in it like it wanted to trust me, but was affraid. my heart just dropped when i saw it in there. i pretty much decided we needed to move full force and make this little kitty understand we need to be her parents. that's when i broke out the chicken pieces...real chicken!! i wasn't messing around. she walked up to me sniffing my hand, ate out of my hand. and allowed me to pick her up. i took her the vet and even tho she was only months old, she was already pregnant. the vet told me if she went to term she'd die due to her enemic condition, so she lost her litter. i did go ahead and have her fixed, as we did with abbey years ago. the kitty's name is Casey, and she is a Ninja!!! i say she's a ninja because a couple weeks ago she thought i was being attacked by the neighbors huge dog who was barking and approaching me aggressively. that little thing (Casey) jumped into action, fly by me like a bolt of lightning, and jumped into the dogs face, wailing away!! i thought for sure she was dead meat, but the dog got scared and hid behind his owner. man, my cat was pissed!! lol. i got get back in the yard and she thought the dog was coming back so she charged him again. this time he ran back to his owner again and hid.

t1yn.jpg

more recently we were introduced to two boys, who showed up on our doorstep like they owned the place. i thought they beloned to someone as they looked pretty healthy so i told my wife not to feed them and they'd go home. long story short, they never went anywhere, and everytime i turned around they were either on our deck, on a window sill, or in the yard. after about a week i realized these guys were getting thin! that perhaps i was way wrong and they were on their own. it was pouring down rain and the boys were hiding under my grill and grill cover. i loaded a big bowl with meow mix and tried to shove it under the grill, but they saw it coming and jumped out into the rain and started eating. they totally did not care it was pouring on them, and they devoured that food in no time. honestly, i was heartbroken and felt like a scumbag. having two cats, and no room for two more, we took them in and nursed them back to health hoping to find a home for them. after a while we decided to call the local animal shelter for help, and they came to pick up the boys, we had named Brody and Hooper. when they were taken away they both looked at me like "what? you don't love us?". i felt like garbage. later that night my wife read online that many times animals taken in are put down in 24 hours due to the amount of animals they have. i was a maniac!!! i immediately called animal control and told them i'd made a mistake, and wanted the cats back. they had already been given their shots and were supposed to go to another facility, but the guy in charge saw how upset i was over it and let me have them back. he took me to the room where they were locked up. when they saw me they went nuts!!! i can't begin to tell you how relieved i was they were okay. brody, somehow, had broken out of his cage and was in the feed cage. he was rubbing all over my legs and jumping up on my knees. got them home and opened up a can of tuna in an effort to ask for forgiveness. at work the next day i was telling this story when a girl said "i'd love 2 boy cats" and the deal was done. i know her well, too, and she and her daughter are big time animal lovers. she sent me a pic of the boys recently that i'm posting below. they are happy and healthy and, according to shanna, very loving. brody is on the left.

jt8e.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome thread!

Well done everybody. People who mistreat animals deserve a good kicking imo.

I took care of one cat who's owners just moved to another part of the country and left him alone walking the streets. I named him Bill and had him for 4 years before I met my girlfriend and had to relocate him 'cos of allergy. He's now living on a farm at some good freinds of mine and is having a time of his life;)

I still have my other cat Sessan who I can't describe with words how much I love. I'm dreading the day she's no more.

Just want to share a couple of pics of her:
img0632nk.jpg

53627910151543438915088.jpg

Please don't count me in on the give-away BB. Just wanted to bump this thread and say keep up the good work everyone! :thumbs:

It's an awesome and very important cause!

Bump for a good cause, I was hoping for more ppl to be interested in this as its for a good cause. Please try and help out your local shelter for this giveaway. I would really like to see pics of even donating some blankets/towels. PLEASE

I'm actually very saddened at the fact that VERY FEW ppl have posted in this giveaway. I really thought what I asked was very easy to do to enter. I think this going to close this giveaway as I thought the ninjas would be a little more helpful. I was going to post a donation link via PayPal for a local animal rescue here in Vancouver that ninjas could donate as little or as much as they want to enter, but that would be waste of time. My wife and I are fostering a 8 month old chi -x as of tonight from last chance animal rescue

I already have this steel, but I do give £4 a month out of my paycheck to the RSPCA in the UK. Sadly I lost my Daisy dog nearly a year ago, the day after I came home after 2 weeks in Florida. She was a rescue dog from a local shelter and we had her since she was about 6 months old. That was the vets best guess anyway. She lived to the ripe old age of 14, despite having both hips replaced by the time she was 8 and having a stroke the year before we lost her. We all still miss her to this day and have her ashes in the living room with us. It was her favourite part of the house. :(

YaEqL6R.jpg

Reactions: spass and BigBlizz
Me and my fam are just waiting for a day off where we can all go. Already did a shop for it. This is an awesome giveaway and a great cause, don't lose hope BigBlizz.

To be continued,..