[WINNER CHOSEN!]Pacific Rim IMAX print contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for visiting the Posters/Prints area of hidefninja.com. We're launching a contest that allows those movie fans new to prints, and seasoned veterans to take part. If you'd like to learn a bit more about prints, please feel free to browse the threads of the forum, or contribute your own knowledge, pictures, how to's, and favorites.

For now 1 person from outside of the US will be able to win a limited edition Pacific Rim print that was given away at IMAX showings. I picked up an extra for this purpose, and invite you all to chime in with answers to one, or both of the questions below. Feel free to post pictures with your answers, as well.

1) What is your favorite 'one sheet' poster?

2) What would be your 'dream' team for an artist/movie collaboration?

A special 'thank you' to our Collectibles Section Supervisors for sharing their thoughts on the contest!

Have fun all! :scat:
DB

View attachment 39285

And the winner is 'dirtyoak'-post # 20-please contact me with your address!

pacific rim winner.png

Last edited by a moderator:
1)
ZmOLzlZ.jpg

2) I'd love to see the artist who did that work his magic on Kick-Ass 2, particularly the part from the trailer where Colonel Stars And Stripes says "that's right, there's a dog on your balls!" :hilarious:

Thanks for the giveaway, really want one of these!

1964-Beatles-Hard-Days-Night-1-sh-original.jpg

Got me into music and films.
Alfred Hitchcock worked with Salvador Dali on Spellbound. I would love to see Hitchcock work with Picasso in a film.
Thx. again dbabe for another excellent giveaway.

Thanks for this Give-Away, it would make an awesome entry into this hobby.

As for the collaboration; i would get a major kick out of Tim Burton teaming up with Opeth's Mikael Åkerfeldt. Both of them have a sense of eeriness to their style in their works, and i think Åkerfeldt could write some seriously awesome dialogue, as well as great music to accompany what's on screen.

Favorite One Sheet...
Pulp-Fiction-%20Lucky-Strikes%202.png

I've got new walls that are empty so i'm going for this :)

1) What is your favorite 'one sheet' poster?

Bigblue2.jpg

absolutely stunning poster. had so many to choose from (Alien, Flash Gordon etc) but this one is a real beauty. huge fan of the film as well

I'd love to see Alex Ross do a Man of Steel poster in all honesty. best artist out there in all honesty (love his work on Flash Gordon)

new to this but

Alex Ross doing the Batman/Superman crossover yea baby!!

Reactions: bigrob
Hi here's my favorite one :

uploadfromtaptalk1375223113343.jpg

My favorite Artist /movie collaboration would be Banksy (street artist and George lucas!

Heres some of banksy's work:

uploadfromtaptalk1375223562090.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1375223574882.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1375223586994.jpg

Thanks for another great giveaway DB :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Great you're running this! I wanted one of these but unfortunately people I was going with to see the film couldn't do the opening night :( really would love to own this!

1. My favourite one-sheet:

gm16.jpg

2. My dream team artist/film collaboration: a Charles Burns design for Barton Fink

Thanks for the contest! Great film and great poster!

1. Favourite one sheet poster -

Terminator2_onesheet_final-1-500x724.jpg

2. Dream team -

Drew Struzan for Terminator 2 :D

Thanks for the awesome giveaway! Would love a shot at winning that poster, loved Pacific Rim so much!

1. My favourite one sheet in recent memory

prometheus_810.jpg

2. Dream team

I've been a big fan of Matthew Ferguson since I saw his work on the Avengers artwork in the Phase one set, would love to see him do something for Inception which is one of my favourite movies!

Last edited by a moderator:
1> Not sure this qualifies as a one sheet buts its definitely my favourite studio released poster in a loooooong time

9295324828_c99cf26b50.jpg

2> Dream team

Would be Martin Ansin creating a Gladiator screen print. :drool: (or Ken Taylor, lol, or Jock :p)

Last edited:
One of my favorite one sheets is this.

toy_story_3_movie_poster1.jpeg

As far as dream collaborations, I like what Matt Verges did with Jaws and Silence of the Lambs. I'd really like to see him put together a Dark Knight trilogy print.

20111213-101452.jpg

3WqIZG2ILEzaCJhgDPjBpE1DHaF

Loved the Amazing Spider Man poster. Such a cool image.

hr_The_Amazing_Spider-Man_21.jpg

It would be awesome to see Tyler Stout do a print for Transformers: the animated movie.

His take on Transformers Dark Of Moon was a bit bland, but I'm sure there would be more iconic images to work with from the 80's film.
Hot Rod opening the matrix or unicrons head, something along those lines!

Thanks for the giveaway DB!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.