[WINNER CHOSEN!]Pacific Rim IMAX print contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for visiting the Posters/Prints area of hidefninja.com. We're launching a contest that allows those movie fans new to prints, and seasoned veterans to take part. If you'd like to learn a bit more about prints, please feel free to browse the threads of the forum, or contribute your own knowledge, pictures, how to's, and favorites.

For now 1 person from outside of the US will be able to win a limited edition Pacific Rim print that was given away at IMAX showings. I picked up an extra for this purpose, and invite you all to chime in with answers to one, or both of the questions below. Feel free to post pictures with your answers, as well.

1) What is your favorite 'one sheet' poster?

2) What would be your 'dream' team for an artist/movie collaboration?

A special 'thank you' to our Collectibles Section Supervisors for sharing their thoughts on the contest!

Have fun all! :scat:
DB

View attachment 39285

And the winner is 'dirtyoak'-post # 20-please contact me with your address!

pacific rim winner.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent idea for a giveaway!

I have a few cinema posters and a few other movie related items like the Dark Knight lenticular (possibly another Imax giveaway?) but a lot of the 'high end' mondo type ones escape me...Id love some but they are damn expensive and expensive to frame! ..I did pick up the Iron man 3 Jock Imax print from Ebay recently, still need to get a frame though...

As for my favourite poster, thats a tricky one....But I'll go for..

As for an artist/movie combo, Im a big fan of 'real' artwork on posters. so Id go for something a bit different... love to see Drew Struzan do a poster for Machete kills :thumbs:

Bob, I am glad you like the giveaway-those 'Dead' posters are super iconic.

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

Always liked this one myself...

TerminatorCollection.jpg

As far as dream team goes, I don't really know the artists names, but would like to see some cool designs for Matrix or Ghostbusters perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cooey
Matrix would be very interesting I think, couple different awesome angles someone could go with artistically.

Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

Reactions: stinkofdefeat
This one is pretty cool!

cabin.jpg

I´d like to see what Tyler Stout, Jock or Matt Verges could come up with Escape From New York.

Thanks DB...you rock!

regular_version_sm.jpg

I'd love a Tyler Stout-inspired Man of Steel poster. Know absolutely nothing about any sort of artwork though

Thanks for the awesome giveaway!

1) Hard to choose ONE favorite but here goes one of my favorite:

Back-To-The-Future.jpg

2) I would luv for Todd Slater to do Donnie Darko and Tyler Stout to do The Fountain!

Thanks for the contest!!!! I love this one:

Thor_resize.jpg

For the collaboration, Ken Taylor on the new Star Wars franchise

Last edited:
At the moment my fav poster is the "Gotham Bicentennial" by Dave Perillo. I love his prints where you gotta know the movie to "get it". His "Wyld Stallyns" gig poster is an awesome take on Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey and comes in close for 2nd place.

Dave-Perillo-Travel-Posters-Gotham.jpg

artistdaveperillo12.jpg

B) I would Love to see "Tim Sale" do the Poster for the new "Batman/Superman" or next "Avengers" movie in the works.

Super-Nice giveaway, thank you!

Haha, I love that flick, awesome Werewolf poster!

Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

Status
Not open for further replies.