Wonka (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 68) [Hong Kong]

Oct 28, 2019
Release date: May 24, 2024
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B (Pre-order on March 22, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $175.97 (One Click) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $54.99 (Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B)

BC809135-639A-4C03-83EC-67FBD7571638.jpeg 7A2D2C3C-B71E-40E3-BD7A-D1700E066627.jpeg C5819F3C-97AE-4216-A6B4-7A2EC6E985C6.jpeg 46593EAA-7EB0-45DD-9A5C-D5ED6FAB40F5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping for the Dark Knight or The Fifth Element ('cause a dozen of them already isn't enough :facepalm:), or Oppenheimer, yeah, especially right after the Oscar buzz (if there's any).

But the package is pretty good, lots of my favorite character cards, best looking steelbook out of the 4 in existence, and DL-B is the one I'd pick, if I didn't puke after this musical.

Rainbow Wonder GIF by Metaworlds

• Haha
Reactions: TheWildEye
So no more group buys then:offtopic:

Are any group buys still being done on site now or stopped altogether - other than the target steelbooks ?

So no more group buys then:offtopic:

Are any group buys still being done on site now or stopped altogether - other than the target steelbooks ?
Blufans by wreck, US steels by apsmith, and I'll do UK GBs if asked, but that's about it at the moment.

Aniv managed Manta/WeET/Nova, so if he's stopped then there's a hole that needs filling. I'd volunteer, but I don't have GB contacts for the retailers :rofl:

• Informative
Reactions: snow flake
Haven't watched it as I hated the look of it from the trailers but I've only heard good things about it to be fair, although I still doubt I'd want a premium release for it. Fullslip is decent but I knew I had seen the art on something before so if I wanted it I'd probably just pick up the vinyl.

Reactions: Flloydo
Haven't watched it as I hated the look of it from the trailers but I've only heard good things about it to be fair, although I still doubt I'd want a premium release for it. Fullslip is decent but I knew I had seen the art on something before so if I wanted it I'd probably just pick up the vinyl.
Absolutely loved the music in this so I plan on picking up the mutant exclusive with foil jacket and variant colours

7B53D350-5EBA-46A4-9A24-F90BAF0F65AE.png

The full slip will turn out great as always but I don’t want the art twice

Steelbook is by far the best part of this release, will likely look great in hand

More I think about it though the more I'm likely going to pass completely. Not seen the film, peoples reviews aren't great and generally trying to be more selective in what I buy these days

@BluSteel2012 @Lenny Nero care to weigh in?

To be fair everyone I know in real life who's seen it said it was shite as well so meh
I guess it's all subjective. But it wasn't for me.

I loved the original Wonka films and Paddington, Greatest Showman etc.... But this was just a major letdown. Can't put my finger on what it was exactly. Maybe it was that Chalomet isn't a good singer? The songs are all wank and sound the same? The film is overlong and boring? I wasn't even watching it by the end. I just let it run because I thought my daughter was watching it with me. But it turned out she was on her phone by the end too! :D

I guess it's all subjective. But it wasn't for me.

I loved the original Wonka films and Paddington, Greatest Showman etc.... But this was just a major letdown. Can't put my finger on what it was exactly. Maybe it was that Chalomet isn't a good singer? The songs are all wank and sound the same? The film is overlong and boring? I wasn't even watching it by the end. I just let it run because I thought my daughter was watching it with me. But it turned out she was on her phone by the end too! :D
maybe because you was there :naughty: