paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 26th, 2016
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK
Price: £59.99 (Arrow Films) - £48.99 (Amazon UK)

13501711_869503919859606_8698571652084163873_n.jpg

Collection includes:

Bananas (1971)

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex *But Were Afraid to Ask (1972)

Sleeper (1973)

Love and Death (1975)

Annie Hall (1977)

Interiors (1978)

Exclusive to this collection:
Annie Hall and a 100-page hardback book

Featuring new and archive writing on all the films by Woody Allen, Michael Brooke, Johnny Mains, Kat Ellinger, John Leman Riley, Hannah Hamad and Brad Stevens

Last edited:
You're exactly right mate... it turns out quite a few people aren't big fans of him either, and I realised that soon after expressing my dislike for Annie Hall on social media. I spoke to a friend last night who told me that he can't stand Woody Allen, but said Annie Hall is probably the one he dislikes least... that doesn't give me much hope for his other films. :ohno:

Sad thing is... I think I would've actually enjoyed the film had it not been for him, so maybe I should just avoid the ones he has a role in. I'll most certainly check out his slapstick stuff though, and I'm still tempted to give Manhattan a watch sometime soon, just to be sure that I can't stand him as an actor. :p

I'm sad also to hear you didn't like it after we all really encouraged you to watch them.
I have to agree with @adarkcorner if you didn't like AnnieHall much and particularly didn't like Woody Allen, then it doesn't bode well for the other films as he is kinda the same in all of them, regardless of the character. I think it is a case of some people like him and some don't, he's very marmite. As I said before maybe check out the later ones then that he's not in. I'd say try Vicky Cristina Barcelona, I really like that one.