Would you quit collecting if Iron Man / Thor / Captain America were re-released?

Would you quit collecting if Iron Man / Thor / Captain America etc. were re-released?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 61 75.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you quit collecting if Iron Man / Thor / Captain America were re-released?

The art of collecting has become a ticking timebomb. Every day we logon to the forum and find something or other being released which is good but re-releasing the same movie is becoming too boring. Of course no one is forced to buy but to some collectors it really dampens the spirit of collecting.

Last edited:
no i wonted. in fact im hoping for better artwork for Thor. The back is amazing but the front isnt anything special. A re-release with an awesome lenticular sleeve would be perfect :)

I HATE re-releases so it would just be another knife in the back of the steelbook collector, but no I wouldn't stop collecting because of it.

Reactions: FanOfGaming
I'm not a fan of re-releases either even as a fairly new collector but that won't stop them from happening. What I would like if the studios are going to do it is something new to differentiate them from the originals rather than a lot of the lazy attempts we've seen of late.

There was extremely small amount of stock of Captain America found in studio warehouse.

keep an eye on this .... (it may update)

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/...urce=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

it wont be regular retail price by any means tho.

Maybe they were listed last week and sold through tho .. I havent kept up ... but just figured I would let people knwo its not a reprint so there is no need to panic.

There was extremely small amount of stock of Captain America found in studio warehouse.

keep an eye on this .... (it may update)

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/...urce=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

it wont be regular retail price by any means tho.

Maybe they were listed last week and sold through tho .. I havent kept up ... but just figured I would let people knwo its not a reprint so there is no need to panic.
Think there was a few listed last week, and some listed earlier today for £49.99.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Regarding re-prints...

If they were EXACT re-prints... Same artwork. Same embossing/debossing/finishes, etc... then yeah, I would consider it if it became a common thing.

If there are differences... then no. For example, if they dedicated to release Thor with the same artwork, but without the embossing & debossing, I wouldn't have a big problem with it.

Think there was a few listed last week, and some listed earlier today for £49.99.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Regarding re-prints...

If they were EXACT re-prints... Same artwork. Same embossing/debossing/finishes, etc... then yeah, I would consider it if it became a common thing.

If there are differences... then no. For example, if they dedicated to release Thor with the same artwork, but without the embossing & debossing, I wouldn't have a big problem with it.

ok yup that was the price. they found a few Ghost Protocol too.

I'm surprised no one has threatened to kill them selves yet.

Do you mean actual re-release, same art, same country? That doesn't happen all that often outside of Germany.

Or, do you mean a release months later in a different country?

Iron Man has all ready been re-done in the UK. I think the majority of people were happy with that one?

What dampens the spirit of collecting for me, is all the bitching and moaning about reprints and re-does in different territories, the Perceived "value" and lastly,
I really wish that anyone wanting to quit, just quit and didn't feel they needed to shout about it and have everyone else chip in ;)

Believe it or not, this type of constant moaning is more detrimental to my interest in this hobby than studios providing lots more steelbook for me to choose or not choose to buy.

I will never quit. No amarays allowed in this household. That only leaves me with digibooks or steelbooks. I prefer steel any day. I figure I got a good 20 years left of collecting before the studios go pay per view only on all movies.

i would love re-release with diffrent artwork und would jump out the window if it have the same.

I would not be upset. The only steel i dropped serious cash on was thor.

I would not mind some new styles of art tho. I would not mind a diff pose for thor on the cover .

Don't mind the re-releases, recent batman a seemed to have caused a stir but they weren't actually released in the UK before so I don't consider them strict re-releases, I'd rather a UK version than some over-priced import tbh...so I'm up for re-releases I just won't buy the ones I don't like, after all for me I collect for my personal use not to re sale so a cheaper re-release gets an A+ in my books,(as long as its as good as the original) :)

Wouldn't phase me to be honest, I'm not in it for value, I'm in it for getting the films I love in cool cases. There are alot of steelbooks I want that are not grails per say but expensive for sure. I'd be very happy to see em get reprinted. I mean they could redo them without inside artwork to keep the "value" up on the originals.

I want to have Thor, Captain America, and the Iron Man releases on my shelf but no steel is worth over $45 to me. Right now I buy steels that are in the range of $5-10 more than amarays, that is how much the steel shell is worth to me.

But it's good to see everyone's point of view on it..

Quit collecting, why? EEK! That's like me hunting buck and mounting the heads. Nice! I shot me a nice 5 point buck today and next year going hunting again and shooting another 5 point buck. Well damn! I already have me a 5 pointer, hell I'm just going to give up the sport, sell my guns and never go hunting again! Pfft! That's ridiculous...

5048.jpg

:hilarious:

Status
Not open for further replies.