Yeaaa I can get back to buying steelbooks, anyone else hate hiatuses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2012
Had to save for my wives birthday present and it seems like forever since I bought a steelbook (Although my sister bought me the Lorax last week and is going to ship it today, need to drop money off for her and ask if she will get me the Hunger Games this week).

But I bought her birthday present yesterday she wanted a bicycle so we can do family bike rides (I am a triathlete so I have a nice road bike) and even got her one of those fancy cushioned seats.

But yea I can spend money on steelbooks again, need to preorder that ET.

Ok now can someone wave a magic wand and get us some US steelbooks maybe the Avengers :D

Anyone else hate saving hiatuses.

I think steel collectors who stick with it go throughout different buying patterns as priorities shuffle their way in the mix from time to time ... most normally slow down and speed up ... and manage it in that manner .... thus, this is an interesting thread/topic that hasn't been talked about before. Cool.

When things get really tight for me ... I just try to get a couple steels a month (and thats slow mode for me)

Yea I have missed it my ebay always has like a 100 items in it that I watch and never bid on the last month (several I kick myself because they went so cheap).

I have definitely gone through fluxes over the years, it will be nice to get some new steels like Lorax and the Hunger Games.

if your in the hobby long term... ups and downs will come and go. Just part of the process really. Nice to hear your on the upside of that scale moving forward :)

My BB Japan steelbook made my car payment.. Sometimes real life issues punches you in the face and reminds you there just movies... Getting steels down here is so expensive I'm cutting my buying to only 3-5 a month now

I had to miss a few play steels last month, but I will get them all this month and my new Ikea blu-ray/dvd shelves :0)

finally :hilarious:

Im the same had to miss some of the horizontals this month and will be the same next with the madness that is Plays release schedule plus Canadian and German releases EEK!

Reactions: wyatt03
finally :hilarious:

Im the same had to miss some of the horizontals this month and will be the same next with the madness that is Plays release schedule plus Canadian and German releases EEK!

Maybe we can ask for pay rises at work based on our steelbook buying schedules, we show them what Play is doing to us, with all these releases and they agree a pay rise based on that Lol :0)

I missed a couple I would still like to get like Chronicle. I am sure there are others I just can't think of them, I try to stay away from double dips unless its really cool, plus since I was out of it for a few years there is still tons I want and or want to complete collections of (like the Pixar films).

Had a few lulls, most recent was June when I was needing money for the London Film Con and ended up cancelling all my preorders (i.e. iron man/terminator!)

I am starting to hit a "wall" as well. Just too many releases all within a 3-4 month span kinda takes the fun out of it tbh.

I have started to be really picky now, expecially on foreign releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.