You Know there are to many Steelbooks being released when

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2010
Vancouver BC
You can move this topic if you like but, Don't you think germany is releasing way to many steelbooks.

They are just jumping on the bandwagon cause more people are collecting steelbooks.

And on top of all these releases most of them are crap titles i could make a better list of titles that deserve a steelbook release and i am sure so could all of you

eg. Scarface
Alice in Wonderland
Toy Story 1 2 3
Blade Runner
Goodfellas

and so on

Please post your rants here LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
The days of rare are gone, cause you never know when some country decides to re-release something. Like the Watchmen is just now getting done in Germany.

True, I only getting two of those that were announced in amazon.de. I like the Watchmen artwork btw! :scat:

I wonder if Disney is doing another 12 weeks at the end of this year?

Out of all these titles Cloverfield is the only one i might consider getting, most of them are crappy titles and the artwork sucks.

Event Horizon might be good but the artwork sucks ass

If they wanna do Old titles on steelbook why didnt they do

Creepshow 1 and 2
CliffHanger
Night at the roxbury ...hell this movie isnt on bluray get

I think ima get Collateral too, glad I didnt buy the reg blu. I needa check the studios tho for all these to see if some are gonna be region free knowingly.

Actually, I really like the list. I'll be getting a few for sure. But this seems a lot like in the USA and Canada. Slap a lenticular cover or steelbook case on the old stock, and the collectors will come!

Steelbook collecting not gonna be worth much anymore

I Think with all the re-releases of steelbooks coming out like The Hurt Locker and Gladiator and others the value of the orginal copies that were released are going way down in value.

Re releasing any steelbook that has already been released is wrong.I was gonna spend big money on I am Legend and Rambo but not now i am sure they will be re-released.

I bought Ironman for $225 once ironman 2 comes out on steelbook some country will rerelease ironman.

Steelbook collecting now seems just something to do there is no value in them anymore.

Espically like germany releasing tons of crappy titles in august.

Just my thoughts

I Think with all the re-releases of steelbooks coming out like The Hurt Locker and Gladiator and others the value of the orginal copies that were released are going way down in value.

Re releasing any steelbook that has already been released is wrong.I was gonna spend big money on I am Legend and Rambo but not now i am sure they will be re-released.

I bought Ironman for $225 once ironman 2 comes out on steelbook some country will rerelease ironman.

Steelbook collecting now seems just something to do there is no value in them anymore.

Espically like germany releasing tons of crappy titles in august.

Just my thoughts

I kinda told you this back when you were spending the big cheese. :cool: :tease:

As for IAL, It has already been rereleased once in Germany ... so I still think the IAL Canadian value is safe ... seeing as how Canada has yet to do a rerelease .... the true testament of this will be seen when they release the Iron Man 2 steel ... if they dont rerelease Iron Man 1 then; then we might be safe.

The only guarantees are those of limited box sets that actually claim limited to a certain # imo. (like IB box, maybe Robin Hood Box .... same with this BOE collection ... unlesss they are available for like ever in a life time.)

Last edited:
Like the title of the thread says

you know when to many are being released when

1.Each country now is releasing the same movie with a different cover
2.When each country is re-releasing some of the most valuable releases eg.the hurt locker , ironman etc.
3.Germany releases a ton of steels all at once
4. and so on

When i first got into collecting and thats not to long ago besides the disney steels that were released there wasn't a over abundance of steels being released now there seems to be a bunch every couple weeks and like 5 countrys releasing the same

These steels will never be worth anything and if they are you can bet they will be re-released by some other country trying to cash in on the world wanting a copy cause they couldn't get one from the first release.

Mark my words Like the avatar steel i have from the U.K there is gonna be another wave of these guarenteed.

And rambo will be done again .

there i am done complaining....How about Team America World Police on Steelbook well first bluray haha

Last edited:
Like the title of the thread says

you know when to many are being released when

1.Each country now is releasing the same movie with a different cover
2.When each country is re-releasing some of the most valuable releases eg.the hurt locker , ironman etc.
3.Germany releases a ton of steels all at once
4. and so on

When i first got into collecting and thats not to long ago besides the disney steels that were released there wasn't a over abundance of steels being released now there seems to be a bunch every couple weeks and like 5 countrys releasing the same

These steels will never be worth anything and if they are you can bet they will be re-released by some other country trying to cash in on the world wanting a copy cause they couldn't get one from the first release.

Mark my words Like the avatar steel i have from the U.K there is gonna be another wave of these guarenteed.

And rambo will be done again .

there i am done complaining....How about Team America World Police on Steelbook well first bluray haha

Only obscure titles, or stuff with extras or limited box sets are worth the big bucks guaranteed. Studios hardly take the chance of a re-release of a steel that is not a block buster film.

As for Avatar, this is GIVEN. I have no Avatar steel for a reason, it will re-released with the 3d version and it'll get a steel.

The Hangover re-release this year that is coming, wouldnt be surprised to see a steel from someone.

Any title that will have a sequel or become a trilogy ... then you got possible trilogy steelbook.

I sold my FS Indy like 6 months ago ... When Indy comes to blu, expect a quadrilogy steel. Then who cares about the Indy 4 FS ... it'll be worth squat.

You can get good steels that'll be valuable but you have to be selective. As for big blockbusters recent release steels ... Just buy them cause you like the movie and the artwork.

If this Robin Hood box set becomes sold out and as limited as the IB box set then that could restore some value in steels for collectors.

Hey guys,

Total newbie here, but i am fascianted by all the blu steel books, i am not getting into it with the thought of value in mind, or reselling it on later, i honestly just like the steel book covers, and would like to have my collection a little different from the norm.
Having said that i am not saying all movies should be steel, when i jumped to blu from dvd, i swore i wouldnt buy movies for the sake of it and end up with 300+ dvds, so i have been buying what i REALLY wanna see on blu, and i am applying the same logic to my steel books!
DEF gonna get the iron man 1+2, any others that are a must have?

Hey guys,

Total newbie here, but i am fascianted by all the blu steel books, i am not getting into it with the thought of value in mind, or reselling it on later, i honestly just like the steel book covers, and would like to have my collection a little different from the norm.
Having said that i am not saying all movies should be steel, when i jumped to blu from dvd, i swore i wouldnt buy movies for the sake of it and end up with 300+ dvds, so i have been buying what i REALLY wanna see on blu, and i am applying the same logic to my steel books!

There are tons of the "must have" steelbooks out there, the original FutureShop I Am Legend and Iron Man are the first that come to mind, but they are expensive.

It is not actually a bad time to get into collecting for the sake of a steelbook for a movie that you like as there are lots of BD steelbooks out there right now and at very decent prices

My only real advice is if your intention is to buy the movies that you like, stick to your guns and do only that and do not get sucked into the rare steelbook collecting as your wallet will hate you ;)

Cheers
CrashKelly

Hey guys,

Funny you say that, I went in with the same mentality and now I have to keep myself from following the store links otherwise the cc number goes in the checkout page :p

Funny you say that, I went in with the same mentality and now I have to keep myself from following the store links otherwise the cc number goes in the checkout page :p

Ha!

I ll prob be the exact same, i keep saying ok i am ONLY getting x,y,z!
Then i come on here and start reading the comments, and before i know it i am like, ok i NEED that too!
But hey thats part of the fun, i dont smoke, i dont drink a lot, and movies is my passion, so if i can get something that looks as DAMN good as some of these steel books do, then hey i am IN!

Ps, thanks for all the welcome comments, you guys seem like a nice bunch!
Cheers again , herby.

yea & me, sold loads of my dvd collection because i need room & money for my blu-rays.i've always said im not spending money on a blu steel if i dont like the film.then earlier today i just done that,£16 + £4 postage on the german 10.000 bc blu steel.but it's supposed to be one of the nicest steels out there,and at that price couldn't resist.it's not sealed but say's in mint condition.and i open all mine anyway then keep em in the poly sleeves for protection.

good luck with your collection herby.

Ha!

I ll prob be the exact same, i keep saying ok i am ONLY getting x,y,z!
Then i come on here and start reading the comments, and before i know it i am like, ok i NEED that too!
But hey thats part of the fun, i dont smoke, i dont drink a lot, and movies is my passion, so if i can get something that looks as DAMN good as some of these steel books do, then hey i am IN!

Ps, thanks for all the welcome comments, you guys seem like a nice bunch!
Cheers again , herby.

Oh Yah, your IN all right. Soon you'll need therapy just like me and probably some others. God, I hope your unattached.:ohno:

Oh Yah, your IN all right. Soon you'll need therapy just like me and probably some others. God, I hope your unattached.:ohno:

Nope, n getting married in 30 days time lol!!

Told the other half, i am only buying steel books from now on, she just kinda glazed over, and rolled her eyes.

Cant wait to get some delivered, added bonus is i am a postman, so i ll get it first thing in the morning!

Nope, n getting married in 30 days time lol!!

Told the other half, i am only buying steel books from now on, she just kinda glazed over, and rolled her eyes.

Cant wait to get some delivered, added bonus is i am a postman, so i ll get it first thing in the morning!

Congrats on the nuptuals :scat:

.... and as a postman, you can receive it and hide it and she will never know ...... rule #1 for being a married steelbook collector ... trust me , I know, I am in both categories :D

Cheers
CrashKelly

Status
Not open for further replies.